Ethics Record retention

Hey guys, how long does the CFAI want you to keep back records? There’s a sample question (chapter 2 around number 60) where they kept 5 years and it was ok, but what is the minimum?

7 years!

7 is recommend not required , I do not think it is violation if only keep 3 years.

Local regulators often impose requirements on members, candidates, and their firms related to record retention that must be followed. Fulfilling such regulatory requirements also may satisfy the requirements of Standard V©, but members and candidates should explicitly determine whether it does. In the absence of regulatory guidance, CFA Institute recommends maintaining records for at least seven years.

anyone remember of the top of their heads what the GIPS requirement is for record retention?

sk22 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anyone remember of the top of their heads what the > GIPS requirement is for record retention? 6 years.

Asset Manager Code is 7 years

6years is in AMC , and it is a errorta , should be 7years

goodman2011 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 6years is in AMC , and it is a errorta , should be > 7years AMC is 7 I have only read the actual. GIPS said recommended 6 in actual book, changed to 7?

Can we get confirmation: Asset manager record retention should be 7 not 6 years???

it is SEVEN years in the AMC per the errata http://www.cfainstitute.org/Eratta/2011_level_III_errata_as_of_22APRIL.pdf

goodman2011 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 7 is recommend not required , I do not think it is > violation if only keep 3 years. This is good to keep in mind. Recommended time is seven years.

So CFA ethics recommends 7years which also coincides with the mandated 7years required to claim GIPS compliance. Makes sense! cheers for clearing that all up!

So is GIPS 6 years or 7???

all are 7 years.

deriv108 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > all are 7 years. So is there any justification for the “7”…some CFA charter holders or lawers sitting upstairs and just pull that number out of their $%^ and decided 7 is it? or like the movie Seven about deadly sins? why not 8? how about 7 and half?

Individuals = 7 years Firms = 6 years 100% sure.