Ethics self exam from CFAI

http://www.cfainstitute.org/centre/codes/ethics/self_exam.html Has anyone tried that? - sticky

Isn’t it the same thing as the ethics handbook questions at the back of the book ?

It’s on my to do list. I think the question are different.

thanks. I just took it(got 4 wrong). I think it has some questions that are repeat of CFA book questions and others soem what similar. But except a few, it is not tricky at all. you can finishwithin 45 mts I guess. few questions that I thought I was right but ended up getting zero credits: (1) accepting company sponsored dinner/participating in the golf tournament when you visit the company along with other analysts seems to be wrong. I thought we cannot accept travel/lodging etc but could participate in dinner/gold etc… (2) someone circulates a resume stating that he is a candidate for the CFA designation and has passed Level II of the CFA Program. can they state so? I thought we could only say that we are level 2 candidate/level 3 candidate etc…sicne we technically have to qualify for work exp etc…and since those are not stated explicilty I assumed that this is wrong. it does not look like it is wrong sicne I got zero credit. (3) Reports should be supported by background and supporting information, and this information should be available to interested parties - True or false?

(1) no golf, no dinners (no LAVISH dinners, customary entertainment is acceptable), only accept charted flight in case commercial flights are not available. (2) You are a candidate and you have passed level 2, all is factual information and legit (3) true

I. Members should outline known limitations of their analysis. II. Reports should be supported by background and supporting information, and this information should be available to interested parties. III. Members must include all relevant factors in research reports. I thought that all the three were true but I got zero credit. so I presume item II is probably not needed…

I. Members should outline known limitations of their analysis - i dont think this is True

I got this one correct & point III is not required.

pach Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got this one correct & point III is not > required. III. Members must include all relevant factors in research reports. how come??? :-/

I might be wrong here but this is what I understand is that research report need not include *ALL* relevant factors…some of it might be for eg. current market conditions (shape of the yield curve) which is available readily not necessarily be included in the research report. Any comments?

I just took the exam. Got 48 out of 49. The exam is very basic and there are some repeat questions from the ethics book.

The questions in the ethics book is a joke. Even level 1 was 10X harder.

40 out of 49. It seems that this part has become my chronic weakness as I scored poorly (<50%) in both L1 and L2. Any suggestions how to improve?

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The questions in the ethics book is a joke. Even > level 1 was 10X harder. agreed. why can’t the CFAI EVER have ethics questions that might teach you something (i.e prepare you for the exam). It’s almost like they intentionally want to f- you with the ethics on the exam.

Information in analyst meet on new jet engine, not material non-public information?

Information disclosed to a group of analysts is still non-public information.

pimp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Information disclosed to a group of analysts is > still non-public information. I don’t think so and their answer confirms that it is public info.

^Actually if information was ONLY Disclosed to a group of analysts then yes it is still NON-Public until the company disseminates it. I don’t know what the question states though.

bigwilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^Actually if information was ONLY Disclosed to a > group of analysts then yes it is still NON-Public > until the company disseminates it. I don’t know > what the question states though. You are probably right. The question says the information was divulged to analysts at the most recent quarterly conference call.

bigwilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^Actually if information was ONLY Disclosed to a > group of analysts then yes it is still NON-Public > until the company disseminates it. I don’t know > what the question states though. the old rule of thumb is if this information is not already reflected in the stock price i(i.e. if it were well known the stock price would change meaningfully) t’s non-public.