Ethics - True or False

A firm may offer different levels of service, however, True or False: 1) The firm is allowed to disseminate new investments ideas to premium clients first. 2) The firm may allocate trades to premium clients then to non-premium clients.

1st one is true as long as the different services are well documented and all clients are aware…second is a def no no

False, False The firm has to disseminate it to all SUITABLE clients first, and then afterwards can call the premium clients.

^ agree with Bpd

agree with pimpineasy, different levels of service are acceptable as long as that is properly disclosed to all clients and they’re given the option to purchase a premium service if they so wish

it is false and false…according to BSAS…if you cannot disseminate investment ideas to premium clients what is the point of offering premium services in my opinion?

i think dissemenation and allocation has to go to every client at the same time, no matter what. I think premium clients get the first phone calls, (but should email/regular mail everyone first).

BlueCollarHero Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A firm may offer different levels of service, > however, True or False: > > 1) The firm is allowed to disseminate new > investments ideas to premium clients first. Technically yes & no. You can email everyone and then call the premium clients. If people don’t read their email in two seconds, it is their loss. > 2) The firm may allocate trades to premium clients > then to non-premium clients. No. Pro-rata on order size. Period.