Ethics : VII is tricky

Bob finishes CFA tests – all three levels – has the work experience and the CFAI grants him the charter. Can Bob tel people he is a CFA or a Chartered Financial Analyst ?

violation.

neither

VIOLATION is correct. GOOD job, most people say it is OK. Recall that you CANNOT USE CFA as a noun!!!

What violation? I don’t know that you can’t use the word CFA as an adjective in speaking?

What violation? I don’t know that you can’t use the word CFA as an adjective in speaking? ----------------------------- IN THE example I POSTED, he is using it as a NOUN. CFAI will ONLY let you use it as “he holds the charter” which is different than saying he is a CFA. That is why when you read analyst bios on buy side shop websites, they are very careful in how they say it

sure, but I was referring to using it as a noun in speaking, versus writing. Does SoPH say you can’t even do that in speaking? Tough guys!

CFAI is very careful with the brand they are building. if you say Bob is a CFA, it is not as sexy as saying he “holds the…charter” etc. Got to walk on eggshells here

cfa doesn’t stay this, but I think they imply you have to eat your own S!@# to carry a charter.

CFA Charter Holder