Ethics

Has anyone passed by studying Ethics from any other source than CFAI? (Not an ideal thing I know, but now that there’s no time)

Why isn’t there enough time? It’s about 6 weeks from the exam. You passed L1, the majority of Ethics in L2 are the same standards as L1. The only change is that instead of GIPS we have the Research Objectivity Standards (ROS). CFAI Ethics material isn’t that long to begin with, I wouldn’t bother with any other provider. In fact the top providers (e.g., Wiley, Kaplan) I’ve found often make the recommendation that you should depend on the CFAI’s Ethics readings rather than theirs. My two cents!

200 pages tho :slight_smile:

Majority of those are copy/paste from L1 lol. ROS, the only new stuff, is a whopping 30 pages max.

I passed L1 before many years. Now anything that I read appears like I’ve never got through it even in numerous lifetimes !

If you really think you don’t have that much time, read the ROS in the CFAI curriculum and read Schweser for the rest of ethics.

*gone

For level 1 I passed ethics by not reading it and just doing questions. Obviously not the best strategy but I ran out of time and decided to just drill questions. The most important thing is just understanding what they’re looking for. Eventually you understand the patterns and certain key words used that help you find out what they’re looking for. Pretty much thinking “Is this in the clients best interest, would I want this done to me, is there something here that could make me liable.”