Ethics

I started giving Book 6 exams this week, and ETHICS is killing me. I have already done multiple readings and I am not able to answer more than 60% correct. Out of those I do correct are also probable guesses. Additional compensation, independence and Objectivity, Conflict with employer, Conflict with client interest and Loyalty, overlap with each other. Can anyone please share how they are preparing for ethics ? Any suggestions would be really helpful !! Thanks …

When doing ethics keep in mind a) Read the question carefully b) Usually the question will ask you with respect to actions which standard got violated. Even tho it is likely that one action causes multiple violations, and most answers may seem correct, always remember to pick the one violation which is the most outrageous. For instance, if you misrepresented performance to , you’d violated I© and III(D) and potentially V(B), but III (D) is mostly likely to be the correct answer as it directly relates to performance misrepresentation as opposed to simply misrepresentation or communication to clients. In short, use the most stringent criteria of Standards to identify which got violated. I am not sure if it helps, but I am doing good on ethics. Also there are 50 questions on cfa institute site for ethics, take that exam, its free.

I can’t seem to find these practice questions. Can you please post a link? TY!

This is not a practise question, it is my opinion and skill on attacking questions on ethics.

>Can anyone please share how they are preparing for ethics ? Any suggestions would be really helpful !! Standards of Practice Handbook http://www.cfainstitute.org/memresources/education/reading/levelone/ser_ss1.html +Schweser QBank

thanks pepp and shooter

you have to memorize the standards

Pepp, where are the 50 free q’s on the cfa site?

The questions that the CFAi put out on the mock exam are straight forward, no assumptions, they give you all relevent info vs. some crazy ones people have posted here from 3rd parties. I was happy to see them, got an 80% on that part, so I have some work to do but still, CFA puts out good solid questions.

juventurd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Pepp, where are the 50 free q’s on the cfa site? this is what i was talking about http://www.cfainstitute.org/centre/codes/ethics/self_exam.html

Just did the self-exam and got 88%. Are these questions in line with what to expect on exam day? That would be great because the test was much easier than the ethics Qs in Schweser book 6, I haven’t managed to break 80 on those yet.

Did you take the 60 question sample exam on the CFAi site on all subjects? I think those would be the most comprable.