Ethics

I can’t remember… Can you say “Passed all 3 exams on the first try” Or does that alone constitute an ethics violation?

is correct, unless you use it pretending to have super powers, you know

Ethics violation…

??? Really ?

not a violation. as long as you don’t imply that passing on the first try gives you an advantage over those who didn’t. if you pass all three levels on the first try and state that, that is a fact and not a violation. If you state you pass all three levels on the first try and add that that gaurentees higher investment performance or makes you better than other charterholders who didn’t pass all three on the first try, then that makes it a violation.

Right, thats the way I understood it… Its all in the context… much like everything else on this exam…

Strikershank is right; it is not a violation.

not a violation, but you cannot claim superior performance cause of that

NO VIOLATION

i think you can say anything as long as it doesnt imply superiorit. e.g. i passed all three exam with my left eye closed and using a 1 inch pencil without eraser.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i think you can say anything as long as it doesnt > imply superiorit. > > e.g. i passed all three exam with my left eye > closed and using a 1 inch pencil without eraser. no way dude! did you ?

CSK, i said ‘e.g.’ not based on real events. i havent passed the 3rd one anyway.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CSK, i said ‘e.g.’ not based on real events. i > havent passed the 3rd one anyway. it was a joke! :slight_smile:

You can state facts - the fact that you passed all three levels on the first try is a ‘fact’ and not a violation…

Mr.Good.Guy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I can’t remember… Can you say “Passed all 3 > exams on the first try” Or does that alone > constitute an ethics violation? P105, Book I: John Smith passed all three CFA exams in three consecutive years.