Ethics

Hey guys, I keep seeing the standards of practice being mentioned in regard to passing the ethics portion. The question I have is whether the CFAI text and schweser is adequate. I certainly dont mind reading, an will likely read the SOP, but do the CFAI texts not cover it in sufficient detail to pass?

CFAI text should be fine. I got >70% by reading CFAI ethics even I bought Schweser notes.

i think reading the text book for ethics is better. it is supposed to be very straightforward. when you are comfortable with that, do practical questions. it is even clearer when you are in working enviornment. every ib company, security company, research company has their own compliance rules which are very similar to the standards and codes.

is it really import to read the code of ethics book to score >70?

The ethics section will appear again in Level II and Level III, so you probably want to own it so much that it becomes effectively “free” points. I got >70% on my ethics in Level I, but still felt very uncomfortable with my performance. I most likely lucked out and was only a bit above 70%. I would read the CFAI, Schweser, and do as many ethics questions as possible. Try to shoot for 100%, forget the 70% crap. Only 70% in any section is mediocre.

rolo550 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey guys, > > > > I keep seeing the standards of practice being > mentioned in regard to passing the ethics portion. > The question I have is whether the CFAI text and > schweser is adequate. I certainly dont mind > reading, an will likely read the SOP, but do the > CFAI texts not cover it in sufficient detail to > pass? Are the contents of CFAI book - “Ethics and Professional Standards and Quantitative Methods” different from the pdf “Standards of Practice Handbook @2005”??

They are the same thing.

I have heard that some people were borderline case but scored high in Ethics and passed…is this true!?

kachmit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have heard that some people were borderline case > but scored high in Ethics and passed…is this > true!? Generally speaking yes.