Ethics

So there is no writing portion on Ethics? or am I wrong?

In past exams, I don’t know if it has ever been tested, but in the last few years is not tested in the morning portion…

I am waiting for the Morning GIPS question to come back like pre-2007.

Paraguay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am waiting for the Morning GIPS question to come > back like pre-2007. lets hope not, I’m putting my gips eggs into multiple choice…I don’t know it well enough for a short answer…

Paraguay, you’re kidding right? – GIPS in the morning is surely going to demoralise a lot of us, the material is so damn lousy. GIPS is such a memory test and that goes against the grain of the CFA curriculum.

The morning GIPS question pre 2007 were very easy. It was almost a free 12-18 points. Go back and take 2002-2005. The multiple choice mock and samples were much harder than the essays. One essay had 8 points for calculating modified dietz of 3 numbers.

I’ve seen GIPS in the morning sessions… just no ethics yet… I always see ethics in the afternoon multiple choice section. So it is definitely testable in all areas then

the question will be: Please write the entire Code of Ethics:…GO!

3 minutes

Ok, I take you’re point Paraguay, I’ll have a look at those questions GIPS gives me nightmares – I get the logic and big picture but the data specifics information gets on my nerves In fact, I have half a mind on writing an “essay” on the futility of GIPS in the CBOK