Euro 2012

Time to start one of these threads.

I’m pulling for Spain. I’d like to see Del Bosque start Xabi Alonso along with Xavi in the center of midfield and hopefully David Silva can see some playing time.

i too am pulling for Spain…

I’m rooting for Spain as well…

They need Silva and Torres to be huge now that Villa won’t be there. Still the best midfield in the world with Iniesta, Xavi, and Xabi Alonso / Busquets with Fabregas coming off the bench…

Having said that, Holland seems to be on a roll. But they’re stuck in the Group of Death so you never know…

Spain is long gone, this Euro no one takes it from Germany, Spain wont be able to handle Italy’s Cattenaccio. Spain’s era is over, without the amazing defense they had in South Africa w/ Ramos, Pique, Puyi and Capde. they are too vulnerable, remember they won the World cup with only 8 goals and 5 were scored by Villa…

LOL i sure expect him to be the top scorer at the euro, you bet!

on a roll as in, getting trashed by power house Bulgaria in front of their home crowd?

Germany will dominate

Torres may be out of form but he’s still really talented, has all the tools, pace, height, technique etc to worry defenses. I was shocked personally at leaving out Soldado who’s done better than Negredo. Llorente is a good striker but he doesn’t mesh into Spain’s style being a traditional Basque No.9. Can’t imagine what VDB was thinking there but I guess he knows what they’re doing.

I fear Germany will take this one. They’ve got a lot of talent up top, Ozil, Muller, Gomez as forwards along with guys like Andrei Schurle who can’t even get a cap. they’re in that regard very similar to spain, they have a lot of talented forwards playing behind a No. 9. Plus they have a rising midfield superstar in Toni Kroos, definitely excited for him, but he’s really more of a playmaker but has to be pushed deep into midfield due to Germany’s wealth of riches up top.