EVA & MVA : End of Year Capital Calculations

My apologies to once again be referring to an area where there is soo many questions. After checking the CFA Book and various other sources, and this question is not about what parts contirbute to the capital. Can someone confirm:

EVA: We know this part. NOPAT - $WACC obviously, but is the $WACC taken from STARTof year book values. That would seem to make sense and is how I see all practice questions etc.

But the one that I am confused on is on:

MVA= Market value of the company - Total Capital : Here the total capital calculations for Total Capital is taken from YEAR END book value of capital in practice questions (this is taken from 2014 Schweser practice exams, book 2, afternoon session on exam 1, question 98 and 100,)

Firstly is this correct to be using year end values for capital when doing MVA calculations, and if so why?

Many many thanks,

Thinking about it:

EVA / EP : Could be start of year values, as it is a value added in one year calculation.

Wheras

MVA : Would the total market value since inception and thus may use end of year calculations so show the total values over the whole time period.

But if someone could confirm before I go mad with confusion, that would be great.

thats what I thought…

EVA = enterprice value added (during the year) so you use NOPAT - $WACC

But MVA = how much of market value added till date on top of book value?

Hence its End of year Market value - End of year book value of capital.

thats what I thought…

EVA = enterprice value added (during the year) so you use NOPAT - $WACC

But MVA = how much of market value added till date on top of book value?

Hence its End of year Market value - End of year book value of capital.