Even the dummies at WaPo are finally getting it

Dialectics. My man!

you can make a similar argument about driving past the speed limit or driving drunk. why do i have to follow these low speed limits and drinking laws just cuz these lightweights have bad response times.

That makes zero sense.

for example, if i have never gotten into an accident while speeding and driving drunk, why should i be punished with limiting laws.

also on the level of secureness compared to level of response times. should we have different laws for different people etc etc. its also very subjective.

Ok you still make zero sense. I’m saying the law is ineffective because it avoids the issue.

It’s more like asking why you would pass laws banning SUV’s because people are drunk driving and some guy got in a drunk accident in an escalade. Clearly escalades are what need addressed, they’re larger than most cars and therefore can do more damage. The law fails to address the fact that drunk drivers (operators) are the problem or that those people will just use different methods of transportation. Gotta be blind to not see that after the car attacks in Europe and Canada and this kid using a shotgun.

There are plenty of laws and mandatory safety features to mitigate the danger posed by larger vehicles. People realize the danger they pose and don’t cry about it. No one is saying to ban cars or guns they just want sensible rules in place, like keeping automatic weapons out of the hands of your deranged children. Or, not selling an AR to someone who’s total gun training consists of rap videos and action movies.

Better analogy would be allowing kids access to your prescription medications.

AR stands for assault rifle

Well, right, which is why I said I’m also fine with cracking down on gun ownership laws around securing your guns, increasing background checks, raising associated taxes, strengthening controls and penalties, etc. I’m with STL, this is a holistic issue.

I don’t think guns are the root of the issue, so I don’t think banning them will stop anything. But I’ve always been clear about supporting more stringent controls and penalties. Statistically, polls show most republicans and / or gun owners agree. It’s just partisanship and an unwillingness to focus on areas of common agreement (and probably NRA involvement) that keep getting in the way.

Stop. Right. Now.

AK stands for Automatisk Kanon, which is Danish for automatic gun. Funny, most people think its a Russian weapon.

If you assault someone with an AK47 does it become an AAK-47??

Image may contain: text

It’s almost like no one read my post. BS will “straw man” you to death. The fact is you’re all wrong. On the bright side, you’re all a bit right too.

That’s all true.

The thing is though—you’ve got these countries like South Korea, where there’s like 12 gun killings a year…and mass murdering like they do regularly in America is totally unheard of, and unthinkable. How can people reconcile THAT? Why is it apparently “so complicated” just in America?

And so it’s either really simple, and people are overthinking, and it’s the guns as the biggest driver. Or America is a unique environment that is REALLY screwed up, in a LOT of ways, and so there truly are this many variables, each carrying large weight.

I don’t actually know.

I don’t know where the most recent gun topic is (STL probably deleted it anyway) but lol at this

https://twitter.com/ryanhaarer/status/1003084052226822153?s=21