Evergreen

If anybody has useful information about this firm I would be very grateful… I’m interested in Evergreen Institutional, the institutional division of Evergreen Investments (the asset management div of Wachovia with ~300bn AUM) What is their reputation in institutional marketplace? Thanks in advance.

I interviewed at Wachovia’s division of wealth management and received an offer (yes, both Wachovia has wealth management as well as Evergreen). I asked a lot of questions during the interview process about Wachovia and Evergreen. It sounds like they have some animosity towards each other. I’m not sure about reputation, however.

Thanks for that. Evergreen has been combating the “retail name syndrome”, and the “not perceived as an independent manager syndrome / associated with retail bank syndrome”. It is usually considered a negative to be associated with a large bank, but I guess this may turn into a positive with the financial crisis of late. I also gather that Wachovia has traditionally been underinvested in the institutional segment, though that has changed recently in light of a series of recent acquisitions of some excellent specialty managers.

lxada269 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > It sounds like they have some animosity towards > each other. Don’t want to badmouth my firm’s sub…however, I am not too happy with the tech capabilities. The platform seems sooooo “FirstUnion”

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lxada269 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > It sounds like they have some animosity towards > > each other. > > Don’t want to badmouth my firm’s sub…however, I > am not too happy with the tech capabilities. The > platform seems sooooo “FirstUnion” What division are you in?

WM…retail :frowning:

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > WM…retail :frowning: One of my buddies at work recently left the institutional side to go to Wachovia Securities as a Financial Consultant. If you’re good you can do very well there.

^ Hell yeah! I know few FA/FC come in around 10am and leave around 3pm daily. Once you book is made…you got made.