Every stock on the TSX, NYSE, Nasdaq

Anyone know of a free way to get a list of every stock trading on the TSX, TSX venture, NYSE and Nasdaq? May as well throw in the AMEX as well. Mostly interested in the TSX and TSX-v tho. I know bloomberg is the quickest and best way, but my keys to the terminal have been revoked. As well as my old job. And good luck to all the exam writers out there. Thanks

Stockhouse for the canadians

I manually went through several websites like Yahoo, Fidelity, etc. to cultivate a list of tickers, company names, and industry for every stock on the NYSE, Nasdaq, and AMEX. I think I ended up with some 13,000 or so. Took me a couple days to do, maybe less for you if you’re not working.

Thanks. JT’s Limo driver, can you provide a sub total for the NYSE, Nas, and AMEX to make sure I’m in the same ball park? or a rough estimate of each?

for the U.S. stocks you should use Stock Investor Pro! It will do all that and it is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I don’t have it broken out by exchange but I ran a count of the number of one-letter tickers, two-letter tickers, etc. 1 letter: 19 2 letters: 224 3 letters: 3602 4 letters: 5352 5 letters: 1767

that can work. thanks again

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > for the U.S. stocks you should use Stock Investor > Pro! It will do all that and it is > sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee > eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee > eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I was wondering why my screen made me scroll back and forth on this thread.

i did this myself. Go to the exchange site and go under “listed securities”.