Everyone pull out Book 6 Exam 1 - AM Ethics Vingette 2

Questions 9-12 9. B is wrong as you shouldn’t ask permission for receiving gifts from clients? You should just disclose them. 10. I don’t know what a “Buy program” is. But it sure sounds like market manipulaton. What is it? 11. D is wrong? So if you serve on a board and receive compensaton, you are not supposed to disclose this? 12. Allocates a “pro rata portion of the remaining shares to a trust account” Pro-rata distribution of the REMAINING SHARES to a trust account!!!

thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Questions 9-12 > > 9. B is wrong as you shouldn’t ask permission for > receiving gifts from clients? You should just > disclose them. Need to ask permission for gifts based on future performance as the company has to decide if this is going to impair your objectivity at the expense of other clients. I missed this too. > > 10. I don’t know what a “Buy program” is. But it > sure sounds like market manipulaton. What is it? Systematic buying. > > 11. D is wrong? So if you serve on a board and > receive compensaton, you are not supposed to > disclose this? > If you go back to the standards you have to disclose additional compensation that possibly conflict with your job. Missed this too. > 12. Allocates a “pro rata portion of the > remaining shares to a trust account” Pro-rata > distribution of the REMAINING SHARES to a trust > account!!! I think they were asking is he violating the standard by allocating shares to the trust for which his bro in law is a beneficiary. If you look back at the question it is pretty clear, but I can see what you were thinking.

i’ll have a look at all those, as i did the exam. not sure if it’s the same question or just the same idea. but the one where the woman serves on her brother-in-law company’s board and makes $2,000 and doesn’t disclose and sits on symphony board (does she help with the pension investments?) and get 4 season tix for free and has to disclose gets me. i guess i’m trying to figure this out… if it relates to your own job at all or if it’s alot of time or money… is that the standard??