EVIL BOOK 7

Repeating Candidates who utilized Book 8 last year DO NOT GET A DISCOUNT.

vol. 2 (aka book 7) still seems absurdly hard this year. I took test one a.m. and got a 63, then p.m. and got a 48. i know i have a ways to go yet, but a 48??? yikes.

still evil.

This is why I finished book 7 in April. There is no need to panic at the end.

Anyone remember what the average Book 7 scores where last year? Right now Exam 1 has about an average score of 60% with under 150 exams.

I have screenshots of book 8 if anybody wants 'em.

Book 7 Score 1 AM - 86.67%

Really? That’s completely excellent kabhii - well done.

dude. 87 on a book 7 exam?

kabhii Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Book 7 Score > > 1 AM - 86.67% Lock.

yeah. if there is such thing as a lock for level 2. you are it. geez. good work. i’ve got some work to do.

87% on book 7??? I couldn’t touch that score if it was open book and I had an Asian kid helping me…well done.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dude. 87 on a book 7 exam? Got lucky with some of the item sets. I hope I have luck on my side on 8th June.

kabhii Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Book 7 Score > > 1 AM - 86.67% 87% on Book-7, Take a printout of this score (sectionwise), get 2 charterholders to sign them from your CFAI local chapter and 1 sign from your supervisor. You will be granted the charter right away. No waits! and Congrats

i am seriously going to throw this book out of the window in a minute!!!

jpm351 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > book 7 will only get you lost in Schweser specific > bs that will in no way resemble the exam. I would > advise sticking to the basics and understanding > the concepts rather than trying to wrestle book 7 > - made that mistake last year. that’s my gameplan too

I got 130% on the 1st Am exam for book 7. Using the Treynor_Black methodology, I negative weighted my most difficult topics (PM and Econ). I got all of the questions wrong, but because I sold them short, I gained points. I also increased the weightings to my doable areas - Fixed Income, Derivatives, FSA, and Equity. You should try it, it works wonders for scoring on the exam.