EVIL BOOK 7

What have people thought about this one? I’ve heard its harder then Book 6. I took the 1PM and got a 77% with 10 min to spare. The Equity valuation was totally brutal as they didn’t explain that area well and if you got the required return on equity wrong you basically got half the vignette wrong.

Junkie, you have taken L2 last year, right? How similar Book 6/7 from real exam? What score is a good score in Book 6?

Well Last year I was getting between 67-71% on Book 6 and failed. So I would say if you can get high 70’s on book 6 you probably have the knowledge base to pass. Low high 60’s to low 70s is a toss up. I think the real test is somewhere between Book6 and Book7.

Not good news. :frowning:

mwvt. you’re putting in serious work. it won’t be a toss up for you, buddy.

AFJunkie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well Last year I was getting between 67-71% on > Book 6 and failed. So I would say if you can get > high 70’s on book 6 you probably have the > knowledge base to pass. Low high 60’s to low 70s > is a toss up. > > I think the real test is somewhere between Book6 > and Book7. Agree with AFJunkie here. I was scoring between 65-70% overall on the exams and failed. That being said, I figure I was on the borderline for passing. If you can clear 70% comfortably, I think you’re in the right spot to pass.

glendronach Wrote: > > Agree with AFJunkie here. I was scoring between > 65-70% overall on the exams and failed. That > being said, I figure I was on the borderline for > passing. If you can clear 70% comfortably, I > think you’re in the right spot to pass. Great feedback glendronach. Thanks!

77% on a book 7 means you’re laughing and way ahead. Book 7 has been giving me nightmares, I have problems with it with the schweser cheat sheet out.

is that book 7 for this year? i’ve been seeing a lot of higher scores for book 7 than expected this year. or it seems that way.

Volume 2 is considered as Book 7

right. volume 2. been seeing solid scores posted thus far.

Book 7 was so ridiculously difficult last year it was rendered worthless by many. Has that changed this year? I may have to give it another try.

book 7 will only get you lost in Schweser specific bs that will in no way resemble the exam. I would advise sticking to the basics and understanding the concepts rather than trying to wrestle book 7 - made that mistake last year.

Book-7 is the worst thing that ever happened to the CFA world. It’s full of BULL

that is what i’m getting at goes to eleven. maybe schweser listened to everyone starting to call it irrelevant and changed it a bit this year. it seems like the feedback on book 7 (volume 2) has been more positive. i’m not sure.

it would be great to have another book of exams that aren’t ridiculously far off from the real exam.

It would be great to have the answer key to the actual exam…

yeah. that would work too. book 8, answers to the actual exam.

Book 8 - now available at www.answerstocfaexam.com

FastEd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Book 8 - now available at www.answerstocfaexam.com Special Introductory price of $999.99 (plus applicable taxes)