Exam Checklist

Ok what all do we need to bring? Have on person: - Admission ticket - Government ID - A truckload of #2 pencils - Approved calculator(s) - Maybe a spare battery - A jacket (I’ve head the exam rooms are ice cold, so cold the coors light train comes through w/ the twins) - Maybe some ear plugs (How many people do this?) Leave in car or bag: - Cell - Lunch Anything else we should think about bringing?

As a level 3er I would also recommend an extra calculator, just in case you get a malfunction or a clumsy proctor that drops it while inspecting. Be careful with the earplugs…make sure you can hear the proctor at the front of the room stop your exam a minute early to make sure you aren’t filling in a bubble when they say pencils down.

can we use mechanical pencil instead of #2 pencils? and tissues, keys, wallets are suppose to be under the chair or in pocket? I can’t bring my bag inside right? we suppose to hand carry all those stuffs in check list into the testing area?? what about if someone need a bathroom break or some water? what is the protocol?

You can use mech pencils (thank god). You can take bathroom breaks, but a proctor has to take your test while you’re away.

I just bought extra calc batteries. I’m just going to leave them in the package… or should I take them out. maybe I’m over thinking this. god im tired

Put them in right now.

Yeah, replace your batteries if you bought new ones. Exam hall is ice cold, last december i froze.

esco Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah, replace your batteries if you bought new > ones. > > Exam hall is ice cold, last december i froze. That’s what my boss told me today.

The CFAi are a bit harsh. I mean no water in an exam?! It’s a bit too much. You can go and get some from the front of the room, but you don’t want to leave your desk and waste time every time you need a sip. 3 hours is a long time. Masochists.

Banj Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The CFAi are a bit harsh. I mean no water in an > exam?! It’s a bit too much. You can go and get > some from the front of the room, but you don’t > want to leave your desk and waste time every time > you need a sip. 3 hours is a long time. > Masochists. It is pretty lame. I drink a lot of water throughout the day. I’m going to need several trips to the water fountain. Do they think we’re going to write equations on the inside of the bottle labels or something?

@ Chuckrox8…I think they do. Or maybe they just like this whole “CFA exams are tough” thing. Make 'em suffer…

I thought the reason they do it, was that you share a desk with another person, so if you spill your water over their paper you’ve effectively ruined their exam. But then, not sure if thats just how it is in London. Last December in Excel centre they had long tables and you’re sat next to one other person, so from that point of view I could see the logic. Not sure if thats right, but I agree with you, not allowing water is a little harsh. Its annoying to keep getting up.