Exam day: Studying during the lunch break - Yay or Nay?

During my level 1 and level 2 attempts, I’ve always studied/reviewed during the lunch break. When the AM session is over, I find a place in the hall to sit down, eat my bagged lunch, and review formulas and/or mocks. If a topic wasn’t covered in the AM, I make sure to review those formulas during the lunch break in preparation for it to appear in the PM session.

But I’ve noticed that at least 2/3 of the test takers do no studying during the lunch break. They eat and talk with their friends.

What do you do?

Relax during the break ^^

Relax during the break ^^

very personal choice.

for me, exam day is serious business, ie. i feel the need to be focused until i’m finished. i don’t like to talk to anyone and given the massive amount of time between AM/PM I like to review a little if need be. to me, it doesn’t hurt, whereas I see little benefit to socializing or completely unwinding. but again, everyone is different, do what feels comfortable to you.

I like to relax, eat by myself, and listen to some music. If I really want, I can look something up, but I think maintaining the balance is important. The last thing you want is to become unclear on a topic because you overheard someone else talking about “how they mastered it for sure,” but they really didn’t.

I didn’t do it for Level 1, however I can see the appeal of doing it in Level 2 with the different test structure.

Still unlikely I will. The weather is supposed to be nice, I will probably just go enjoy the sun and the break.

I tried to take all my mocks on an “empty head” anyway… not reviewing anything that day prior to taking them. In fact, the most productive and accurate day I’ve had in the last few weeks was this past Sunday when I took a full day off Saturday from studying. *shrugs*

I think its possible to pick up 1 or 2 correct answers if you can infer what topic will come up in the PM and review it during the lunch break…

In my case fail/pass may be the difference between a few questions and lucky guesses… so i have to do it… I will spend the hour reading my notes whatever section did not come up…

I might do a mock exam during the break. It would be something I’ve seen before so I can bang it out.

NOTTTTTTT

I think it’s sensible to review some material that hasn’t come up in AM session. What I wouldn’t recommend is reviewing material you’ve just done to see if you got it right, because if you find out you got it wrong or made a silly mistake, that is the type of worry and stress you can do without before heading into PM session.

I’m definetely going to hammer my notes on whatever didn’t come up. All the qualitative stuff, pros and cons, rationales and drawbacks. The little details. For the quant stuff, I’ve been rewriting my formula sheet daily from memory since last weekend so I shouldn’t feel the need to.

The plan is then to walk into the PM session, write the exam, hand over my copy, flip a bird in the hand and go pop a cold one open.

I’m definetely going to hammer my notes on whatever didn’t come up. All the qualitative stuff, pros and cons, rationales and drawbacks. The little details. For the quant stuff, I’ve been rewriting my formula sheet daily from memory since last weekend so I shouldn’t feel the need to.

The plan is then to walk into the PM session, write the exam, hand over my copy, flip a bird in the hand and go pop a cold one open.

It depends, I always stick to exam material till its completely over, I can retain and learn in that stress. How funny that I am thinking to take complete course to the exam centre lol. just do what you are well suited to.

I like to review formula’s on my break. I find talking about the morning with people can only put doubt in your mind as to how you’re doing and thats not going to help you get through the afternoon.