Exam Day Tricks and Tips

In my experience, I noticed people being overly stressed out at the testing center. They brought their notecards and last minute study guides to “cram”.

The test is a marathon, just like the process of studying. I found it valuable to relax during the hours and minutes leading up to the exam starting. I felt at ease when I began.

Earplugs are a wise investment :slight_smile:

I literally have no idea how you would lower your t levels.

By no fapping. If you don’t use it you loose it.

Also, I think by having a lot of stress (cortisol) and lack of sleep your T levels would drop.

No intense exercise during the days leading up to the exam, high stress levels.

surprise gosh … No wonder why the OP hasn’t come back to, at least, say thanks. He must have got " tips & trick overdosed"

^I disagree with 1 and 2. You need to relax and take your mind off the test. If you don’t know it by test day, 20 minutes of cramming will not help you.

And, since I urge you to change your batteries (whether you need to or not) a week before the exam, I disagree with #3, too.

agree that trying to cram last minute topics into your head is a lost cause. reviewing formulas maybe not too bad

also agree, change your batteries 1 week ahead of time, use it for practice all that week, don’t have to worry about it on exam day.

Keep a regular sleeping schedule in the week leading up to the exam. If you are waking up 6 am on exam day, wake up at that time in the prior 7 days.

i bought 2 extra calcs the week before then returned them after the exam

LOL at some of the responses in this thread

I am doing the exam for the first time in Milano. Ok I understand what I have to bring and what I cannot bring in the examination room but where will I leave all other stuff. Can I take my bag put all other things in and just leave it on some place visible in the room. I do not want to leave my iphone, ipad, wallet in the bag outside the examination room.

Any tips. Oh btw this is why I am coming with my car just in case so that I can leave it all in the car.

At the 3 test centres I was at they had a room where you could leave bags with personal belongings with the usual caveat that it was at your own risk. You weren’t allowed to take anything into the room even if you just wanted to leave it at the back somewhere.

At London this room was a nightmare, so crowded and complete chaos. In the other smaller test centres it was ok but personally I’d still leave things in the car as long as it wasn’t a long walk away.

thank you Gringo, btw do I have to take my personal photo on the exam together with passport and the ticket ?

I’m not sure mate. I think the photo in your passport is sufficient

You mean to tell me your pic isn’t on your passport?

^I was wondering the same thing.

Every prep decision you make should be with the intention of not needing to rush. Get there early, eat light the day before, bring your lunch, all of it. You don’t need the stress.

Unless there is one or two specific details you want to check- don’t study. Mental fatigue will make you drop more points than you save.

These are funny. A few things that work or I’ve learned from:

1- even if you have been taking the exam in the same city, read the ticket/test center because mine was in a different hotel one year and I noticed the day before.

2- first year I purchased my lunch and it was so convenient and great. 2nd year the lines were long and it stressed me out.

3- night before I have 2 glasses of wine and play “eye of the tiger” really loud. I ask someone to be my 3rd alarm just to be sure (alarm clock, iPhone, and a real life backup person to call me if they don’t hear from me)

4- I get there super early. I’d rather study in a corner and be bored than have the possibility of being late

5- try to laugh at the obnoxious people you overhear saying “oh I took 17 practice tests and got 80+% on them”. Then really laugh at the guy who responds “there are practice tests?”

Dont eat anything during lunch that will make you poop, i.e. light lunch. Also, check the news the night before and morning of (early) for transportation disruptions. For L1 I think I was good but for L2 I was taking the subway and like 5 stops before the test center the track was “out for maintenance”…I had to run out that station and grab a cab. Then for L3 the location was a 45 min walk and 15 min bus ride…so I thought I’d take the bus…little did I know they had blocked off a huge chunk of a main street where I grab the bus for a festival. I had to run again and grab a cab where the street was finally open again…barely made it. Both times I had my heart pumpin hard…but I at least I got my blood flowin to my brain from the runs. Also, I f*cks with the 5 hour energy’s, theyre great for exams.

You should have taken a pic of the blocked streets with your Iphone and showed the procters when you eventually arrived to the test center. I’m sure the CFAI would understand and allow you to write the exam the following day.