Exam Day Tricks and Tips

Haha, right before the morning session everyone seems to have done the mock exams with 80%+x

I remember being nervous as hell before the Level 1 exam until I arrived at the test centre and overheard a series of conversations that made me feel a lot more relaxed about the competition…

don’t do anything out of the ordinary on exam day. no special drugs, no unique foods, no energy drinks you’ve never tried before.

6/10 will end up failing the exam so I always ended up ignoring the conversations around me.

If you are taking the exam in NYC Javits Center. 1) Dress in layaers. (Winter or Summer) 2) Know your calculator in and out. 3) Order your food online before the exam and pick it up at the stations there. 4) During the break revisit your 1 main weak area, definitions and strategies. I would not suggest to look over ethics portion of prep material as you probably spend most of your time studying it and still getting few wrong answers.

1. Don’t look up from your page

2. Don’t write past time

3. Don’t let it stress you out if you screw up some questions

4. Don’t fail

1. Don’t waste too much time on 1 question.

Definitely eat well in the days leading up to the exam. I like making a dry run to the test center the day before so I know where parking, etc is. Don’t bring anything into the test room you aren’t supposed to!