EXAM DAY

This made my morning :slight_smile:

Are you really a Level II candidate?

Insofar you need to make notes during the calculations, there’s plenty of room to scribble in the booklet itself.

Mechanical pencils may jam, so the ordinary wooden pencils are the best, I usually bring around 5-6 pencils (all sharpened beforehand).

that’s a little excessive, don’t ya think?

bring a steel reserve 40oz for after the test

Remember you also have your CFAI approved lifelines

1. Poll the testing center

2. Remove 1 incorrect answer

3. Phone a friend

Just to make sure, we can bring mechanical pencils right?

at first this made my morning as well but then i got sad when i realized that laughing at a CFA inside joke was the most fun ive had in several days

ipad, yes you can bring mechanical pencils.

you can bring mechanical pencils but the proctors may not let you use them. So would suck to try and fill out the test without a writing instrument. Hope the person next to you is generous.

No, because then I can share some of the pencils with others. In my experience there is always someone who has forgotten to bring a pencil or two and is thrown into a panick right outside the exam room. It feels good to be able to hand them a pencil or two.

Especially to the people who thought they could bring mechanical pencils. :wink:

The reason they dont allow is that you can store formulas etc in the pencil chamber. This is why CFAI prefers wood

LOL i spat my coffee. I hope it was true

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHahhahahahhahahaha YES!

Andynyc, please provide a link to the testing policies where it says that the CFA Institute does not allow mechanical pencils.

Oh, can you? I thought it was a rule to avoid people getting frustrated over mechanical pencils that jam or run out of lead.

I will also bring a brownbag lunch, the cafeterias are really lousy at my test center and once the test was held on the National Holiday (it sometimes coincides) and then everything is closed. I’d hate to take the PM session without having had lunch or something to eat.

CFAI encourages frustration.

Bringing your own lunch is a good idea. Even if there is good food available at the testing center, I wouldn’t want to wait in a long line, possibly out in the sun, then be rushed to finish lunch and get back inside.

Also bringing a sweater is a good idea. Even if it’s summer, inside some testing centers may be air conditioned and cold. You may wind up with the seat right under the AC.

Nice, bro.

They didn’t say anything about no weapons. So if I have a concealed carry permit, I can bring my pistol, right?