Exam fee is not rised unbelievably

I remember enroll fee before first deadline was only $370 for level 1, while $600 now. It says that CFA institute is non-profit org, so what kind of problem makes the cost enlarge 60%? Nevertheless, who audits CFA org to ensure it comply with what it advocated? No idea…

For the other 230$, you get all the CFAI material that is needed for the Level 1 exam, unlike before…

material? you mean curriculum sheet? That is not new trick. Otherwise Notes or something else I suppose.

With English like that and a terrible user handle, what are your chances of passing the CFA exam any way!

Should there be serious relationship between so called ‘user handle’ and exam ANYWAY? Even I’m questioning CFA org, and English is not my native tone, I still plan to prepare for this exam ANYWAY! Come on, take it easy. I just want to know how they designed the fee level. CFA org is not GOD to you, is it? So relax, man.

Hardass, This fee includes the whole curriculum (six books) and one online sample exam. So you should do a little research before you start a topic.

hardass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I remember enroll fee before first deadline was > only $370 for level 1, while $600 now. It says > that CFA institute is non-profit org, so what kind > of problem makes the cost enlarge 60%? > Nevertheless, who audits CFA org to ensure it > comply with what it advocated? No idea… CFAI is currently audited by Price Waterhouse Coopers (a firm that all CFA candidates should respect). While they are a non-profit organization, CFAI complies with much more rigorous reporting standards approximating those of a publicly traded company as a matter of principle. If you think $600 is expensive for this level of education, I am astounded. How many college classes did I pay more money for 30 years ago?

Having learned (just last night actually) about the process that goes into developing and grading the curriculum and exam I don’t question the costs in the slightest. I am most curious though as to how the OP learned the word “hardass” before learning pretty much any other word in the english language.

ANYWAY!!!

Maybe his English Teacher was Sergeant Hardass, and he used unorthodox and ineffective methods. However the OP created an unnatural admiration for the Sergeant, and has idolized him. Despite not having seen him in ages he still has fond memories of the punishment he had received for his horrific English, and still idolizes him.

Thank you very much, Milos, JoeyDVivre, for brief on my inquiry, that I missed some points in registration website. I suppose most people here want to pursue high profit in the further, but not sure. Whether the changed cost is acceptable or not, is depended on single person individually. There should not be a common rule on it, beside ‘the rich mocks’. However, I’m sensitive on digital changes, and love to find out what happened behind, how will it be next, something else. If my behavior makes anyone nervous, I appologize, and feel sorry for you.

hardass, just curious. Where you from?

Right on the earth, as far as I was concerned. :slight_smile:

hardass, y do u talk like u r stoned

hardass, are you from China?

Yes, I’m from China. Glad to have kind people here pointed out my weakness in English. I appeciate if they could show me mistakes in my words by email seperately, because here is not a good place to talk more about communication tools. Thank you.

Hardass, can I have your email address then? I am willing to show you how to express yourself correctly.

xfbs@msn.com Many thanks, fellow.

Milos, please write me at paskulov@gmail.com, am I also preparing for the CFA now… Pozdrav, Nikola

I think CFAI can heavily reduce their costs on their texts, which cost close to USD 300 and have been made compulsary starting theis year. I am really unimpressed that they don’t have the decency of putting in some effort and coming up with their own text. All they do is copy it word-to-word from other textbooks, assimilate them, print them, and ship them out. I assume, considering CFAI is a non-profit organisation, they are passing the costs of putting together the text to the students. Following is what I think constitutes the USD 300 a. paying royalties to the textbook writers for copying their copyright material (almost 75% of the total cost) b. printing the books in bulk c. shipping them d. admin expenses such as paying the people who would have spent just 2 hours assimilating the various chapters. Instead of paying huge royalties to the textbook writers every year, CFAI can probably get some smartass professors to sit for once and come up with their own matieral (just like schweser does). And this material can be updated every year. This can be done at fraction of a cost of the royalties. The texts can be printed in India/China that will heavily reduce the printing and shipping costs (I say shipping costs cuz the % of asian students taking CFA has been steadily increasing over the years). I’m sure CFAI must have thought of all this. Or maybe they are going to start thinking now that they have made the CFAI texts compulsary to purchase.