exam format

Probably sounds like a stupid question but I’m still not aware of the format for the level iii exam other than that the morning session is written and afternoon is multiple choice. Where do I find out more details e.g. which topis are covered in each/both? I have looked on the CFAI website but cannot find any detail on this. Probably time to start thinking about it now…

You know the same thing everyone else knows. Any topic can show up on either section. CFAI isn’t going to tell you anything more than that.

Every topic will/can be covered in MC. Everything but ethics on essays. I assume that you haven’t looked at the old exams yet. CFAI posts the PDF versions of all of the essay questions from the last 3 years. If you can’t find them on the CFAI website, do a post search on AF. There has been plenty of discussion about the old exams.

Great - thanks. That’s what I’d thought but I noticed in the the CFAI FAQs is said ‘On the Level III exam, some topics are covered in the morning session only and other topics are covered in the afternoon session only’ which made me think otherwise. Nope -haven’t looked at any papers yet - my strategy is always to only look at them in the last month (find it too demoralising otherwise!).