Exam Raises/Bonuses

I just passed Level 1 in December 2008and am just wondering how many people receive exam raises and/or bonuses for passing any of the CFA exams, as well as once you receive the designation? I havent been able to find too much using the search function on actual $ amounts. Thanks!

$0

I get $1000 if and when I pass each level. Since I pay 690 for the exam and 600 for the Schweser notes/Q-Bank, I’ll only be out $290. I could use CFAI texts only and pocket the $310, but the Schweser notes and especially the Q-Bank are well worth the expense. I won’t get my designation for 4 years (I just started a finance job), so I don’t know/care about that.

Yeah, my job pays for the exams - but thats all, as far as I know. Just checking the consensus. Thanks!

You newbies never seem to get it. Your bonus for this year is that you get to keep your jobs…

I second that…

my salary was reduced not increased !!

My billing was reduced too for 2009 ;-(

amrcd1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > my salary was reduced not increased !! Yeah, I got a very generous 5% decrease…you gotta love it

TheChad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > amrcd1 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > my salary was reduced not increased !! > > > Yeah, I got a very generous 5% decrease…you > gotta love it I had a -15% plunge

But isnt that because the Bonus disappeared!!!

Hilarious thread. My bonus is feeling slightly better about job security.

I get my first attempts paid for. If I fail a level its all on me.

Yeah I got $0 and 2 atta boys. Normally they’d probably pay for the exam but they’ve been in penny pinching mode for about the last year or so.

Thought salaries were downward sticky… this cfa material is full of shit.