Exam software tutorial

Has anyone experienced issues with the exam tutorial on the CFAI website? My cases keep overlapping with the answer boxes to the extent that I can’t write/see MCQ selections. Not sure how to get the case and the answers selections side by side

Zoom out by holding Ctrl+ the mouse wheel back spin and you’ll be fine

you should read the guy in Monteal on reddit that this happened to during the actual exam… fingers crossed our software is not bugged… seems like very isolated occurrences but has happened…also some reports that some candidates couldn’t split screen and had to toggle between the case and questions… location dependent… oh well out of our control. At least we are not the first day of test takers and hopefully they can work out any bugs…

I think the rage would kick in pretty quick if I had any issues like that.
Went to my test centre today to suss it out and it’s situated right beside a scrap yard in the less glamourous side of town, dump of an area is a polite description. Really sells the prestige of the CFA exams :smile:

lol I cased mine out today too… bad part of town, a side entrance door leading into a stairwell that needs a buzzer code to get in… All class… I’m sensing a trend here… These centers are franchised out to owners so of course they’re going to find some old abandoned hole in the wall in some sketch area to keep operational costs down… I guess I know what business I’m starting after this exam is over! Call me the Slumlord examination millionaire… coming to an old abandoned shack near you.

1 Like

hahaha I like it. With all these extra CFA exams over the year landing the local contract is probably a money tree! You could maybe offer hot tea at intervals to really stand out from the competition

I’ll have one functional public toilet and the rest a fee per use. Supply and demand constraints? Thank-you econ.

:rofl: haha

Guys this nonsense happened to us in the actual exam (Nairobi center…though I hear it happened elsewhere too. Anyone else please share) Could not see what we were typing in the AM. Nobody seemed to know what tf was going on. The level 2 guys also couldn’t answer. The software was rubbish. After frantic calls by the proctor they eventually paused the exam. Then took hours upon hours to add a little “X” on the vignette window so it could close. We finally started the exam around 2 pm imagine. Left the center towards 7pm. Also noticed they pulled out a different exam from the one we had attempted earlier. Absolutely shambolic experience. Someone didn’t do their job either at the CFAI or at prometric. As if the exam isn’t tough enough, candidates had to go through such stress. Some of us travelled from other countries to sit the exam. So pissed, so disappointed.

Wow damn, sorry to hear that, sounds like a nightmare of an experience. Am I right in thinking that they factor in your exam conditions when scoring? Might be a silver lining to what happened.
Selfishly I’m hoping that not jumping in on day one has given the test centres time to iron out this shambles.