Exam & Study fees

Hi,

CFA is a pretty new topic for me, I just got to know it not long along.

I have Engineering study background and several years working experience (not fianancial related). However I really would like to change my career direction to become a trader or into fianancial area. Instead of a MBA program, I prefer to study and attend CFA exams.

After searching for a while, I understood that CFA level 1 covers the essential financial knowledge which may help me get into the industry. At the same time, I also realized the price tag come along with it. (I know it is much cheaper compared with a MBA program, still it seems quite expensive for me). Especially in this forum, lots of you are talking about the study materials from " Schweser", these are not cheap too.

I did search quite extensively within this forum regarding the suitable study materials, somehow I really would like you “insiders” give me some suggestions? My finanicial knowledge is quite limited and all related with Trading, should I buy the study materials from Schweser? If so, Schweser also provides different packages, which level will be sufficient for me? Will the SchweserNotes be enough or do I also need the practice questions?

Thank you.

Siyan