exam techniques...

Anyone know of any good exam techniques? I heard your limited to the amount of questions you leave blank…anyone know how many questions you can leave blank until your penalized?

CFA says that none who had at least 70% of the 240 questions right has ever been rejected, so you can be wrong at about 30%, that is 72 questions, and still have hope that you passed. However, you cannot consider that you passed if you did not passed the ethics section. Even if you do not have the time to do all the questions, you still have 25% chances of selecting the right answer if you do select one of the 4 choices instead of leaving them blank, so do not leave unanswered questions behind!

A good technique would be to not worry about the test right now. By the way, most people find that time is not much of a constraint during the test.

jalmy8: but even the postcards that are being delivered with the curriculum give contrary hints!! These cards all show messages like “learned to sleeping standing up” “coffee is good food” “no time to play anymore” etc so I agree with you that we should not worry too much about the test but let’s not forget the coming test completely :slight_smile:

stonecold Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jalmy8: but even the postcards that are being > delivered with the curriculum give contrary > hints!! These cards all show messages like > “learned to sleeping standing up” “coffee is good > food” “no time to play anymore” etc so I agree > with you that we should not worry too much about > the test but let’s not forget the coming test > completely :slight_smile: i think jalmy meant the time needed for taking the test.

Keep it simple: If you know the answer, good. Answer it! Most likely, you will realize that 2 answers are wrong, and you will be left with 2 to choose from. 50% is better than 25%. If you completely don’t know the answer, make sure you have a favorite letter between A and D. Now, you won’t have to worry about leaving any blank answers!!

I took the test last december. As to whether or not I passed, well thats a 50/50 shot come January 23rd. I seriously believe that if you study well enough, you will easily finish each of the two 3-hour sections with atleast 10 minutes to spare. I also agree with BigDaddy, I found that I was able to easily knock off two of the four answers. The obvious trick was figuring out which of the last two potential answers was the correct one - and the CFAI is very good at doing putting down answers that many people chose incorrectly in the past. That’s where the mental fatigue begins to creep in. GL