Exam Ticket Name Variation Allowed

This is from CFAI website. Certain variations in name are allowed. This should clear up lot of concerns when your middle name/initial is missing on ticket. ---------------------- Acceptable Name Variations on IDs Name on identification Name on admission ticket Acceptable? Mary J. Doe Mary Doe Yes Mary Doe Mary Jane Doe Yes Doe Maria Jane Maria Jane Doe Yes Maria J. Doe Mary Doe Yes Maria J. Doe Mary J. Smith No Cathy Li Li, Hong No Henry Chen Chen, Gang No

Or you could just call the CFA Institute and have them change it so that the ticket coincides with your Government Issued ID.

It’s also acceptable to have a national character (like å or ø) and it’s typed out as an ordinary English character (like a or o).

what about Joe Doe, Pimp Daddy JD ?

3 quick questions: 1. Should we print the exam ticket in colour or black & white? 2. The exam ticket is A4 in size? 3. Anyone has this issue where the government issued identification is Surname followed by Given Name where as CFAI is on the reverse.

1. I can’t imagine that would matter 2) 8x11 (if I understand your question correctly) 3) Check this thread out: (http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?11,947882)

cfacowtown, While being sarcastic to prove I am a clown may entertain you, I dont see any harm asking these little things that may potentially refrain you from writing the exam either emotionally or completely. We’ve prepared this far. Knowing the exam will be strict (I mean real hardcore strict), I dont want to take any chances. And the next time you’re trying to belittle someone, try to view from their standpoints, and understand why fear overwrites logic.

cfacowtown Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 3) Check this thread out: > (http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?11,9 > 47882) +1 keelim, my driver’s license and passport are both in the format of: Surname, Given Name I think this should be ok. If you’re still not sure, give CFAI a call.

keelim Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfacowtown, > > While being sarcastic to prove I am a clown may > entertain you, I dont see any harm asking these > little things that may potentially refrain you > from writing the exam either emotionally or > completely. > > We’ve prepared this far. Knowing the exam will be > strict (I mean real hardcore strict), I dont want > to take any chances. And the next time you’re > trying to belittle someone, try to view from their > standpoints, and understand why fear overwrites > logic. No sarcasm or belittling intended. You asked a question and I thought I provided a quick response. I know we all have long days and stress gets to us, but save me the lectures. There is nothing in that post that implied sarcasm, impatient, or calling you a clown. Take a breath, go for a workout and chillax man, blowing up at me isn’t going to help you out at all.

The way I take it, it’s ridiculing my questions. Well, I hope to take this arguement with you to Level II.

Well, guys, my exam ticket for Level I was A4 and not 8x11 since I’ve got this European printer and as I recall it I printed it out in b/w and honestly I didn’t think about it at the time. I haven’t thought about this before but now, when I check, my government-issued ID is in fact surname first, followed by the given name on the next line. I didn’t have a problem with that on the Level I exam. But it’s important to ask these questions. One guy had not asked which calculators were allowed and showed up with some make that wasn’t allowed. He was let into the exam room but his calculator was not. Pencils in #2 (HB), don’t forget. Too soft they’ll smear and too hard they will not be visible to the Scantron machines…

To clarify the paper size question, normally US printers print on 8X11 paper. In Europe, standard size is A4. So both should be good.