Exams postponed globally

From CFAI:

We cannot overstate the profound effects that coronavirus is having on our families, our communities, our businesses, the financial markets, and the global economy. As the pandemic continues to intensify, with no certainty of when it will abate, CFA Institute has made the unprecedented decision to postpone the June 2020 CFA Exam administration globally.

Your registration will be transferred to one of the next two exam administrations. We are working with our partners around the globe to define exactly when those next two administrations will occur; however, we anticipate offering every level in December 2020. As soon as dates are confirmed, we will contact you via email with more information and allow you to select your preferred date. You can expect to receive further communication no later than 8 May.

Thank you for your patience as we work to serve the hundreds of thousands of candidates around the world. This postponement is of an unprecedented scale, and we are working to ensure that rescheduling will be a smooth process.

We know how much time and preparation you have invested in the program, and we want to provide you with the opportunity to sit for the exam as soon as possible. So, while we do not know what the immediate future holds, know that the resilience and strength of purpose you have already shown will serve you well in the weeks and months ahead.

We invite you to visit our website to stay connected; you may also contact us at info@cfainstitute.org.

Best wishes to you and your families.

Sincerely,

Marg Franklin, CFA
President and CEO, CFA Institute

1 Like

I just noted that the CFAI postponing the exam to sometime later … December 2020 (I am hopeful) Or later … I think this was too early to make such a decision, they should have waited till mid April … from all reports, the virus has been contained in China and now they should have seen how this global self quarantine and other responses impacted the curve. Really bummed about this!

1 Like

I feel so mixed on emotions and torn about this. One hand I’m glad to get more time to study, the other just wants me to get it over with. I was expecting for them to wait until April at least too.

1 Like

I’m so bummed I wanted to relax over the summer :frowning: guess CFA study never ends does anyone know if we will get extended access to study material like Kaplan ?

Hello, I need an help. Given the Covid-19 emergency and given that my wire transfer has not already been received from CFA Institute (i made the late registration for Level 1 at 1.900$), I was wondering whether I would be able to withdraw in time my invoice and re-apply the sooner possible for the December date. I will get more in details about my current situation. I made the wire transfer the 12th of March and I see that, signin up on the CFA website, I can still cancel my invoice. Nontheless, since my wire transfer has already been processed from the bank (and I paid roughly 32€ for foreign-wire fees) and I cannot do a revocation directly from my online banking, I am afraid about cancelling the invoice right from the CFA website, being scared they won’t wire me back the amount. What do you think of it?
Thank you

I feel postponing to Dec is drastic. That’s 6 months far from June. I wish if it was being postponed, then it should have been postponed by 1-2 months. Personally, i just wanted to be done with L2 by June.

2 Likes

From the website anouncement:

Although we do not have a precise date, we can guarantee that candidates will have an opportunity to take the exam before the end of the year, and we appreciate everyone’s patience in the meantime.

Ok, but do you think that, by cancelling the invoice, I will get a refund from JP Morgan Bank?

Yes, I guess you can cancel.

https://www.cfainstitute.org/en/about/press-room/cfa-institute-coronavirus

If they have it in Dec, I just hope they offer exams in Dec 2021, because 6 months isn’t enough time with work for me to prepare for the next level.

1 Like

Logistically, that was probably impossible.

It’s not as if all of the exam venues hold all of their weekends open just in case CFA Institute wants to reschedule the exams.

I just got off the phone with Kaplan, they’re extending their packages until 12/31/20.

1 Like

It could be possible I think the email said:

“ Your registration will be transferred to one of the next two exam administrations. We are working with our partners around the globe to define exactly when those next two administrations will occur; however, we anticipate offering every level in December 2020. As soon as dates are confirmed, we will contact you via email with more information and allow you to select your preferred date. You can expect to receive further communication no later than 8 May. ”

So they are looking at making two dates it seems that we could choose from?

Postponing to late summer or early fall would be…interesting. December is a long wait and I have already finished the entire curriculum.

1 Like

Yay! that is so good news from Kaplan extending the study material. Will need the question practice to stay alive

sorry to hear for all of you studying, that’s got to be the biggest bummer you could ever have in life.

1 Like

I’m thinking that by them offering two dates, it will be December 2020 or June 2021.

On one hand, I’m extremely bummed given I wanted to get Level II over with but at the same time, I guess the extra time will never hurt.

That being said, I don’t know what to do now. I was one book away from finishing the curriculum. Not sure if I should pause studying and start up again in June or July for December and run through the curriculum a second time or just keep actively studying and practice questioning for the next 8 months (??).

To echo someone else’s point above, I really hope they offer alternate dates for Level III as well next year because taking Level II in December this year will make it very difficult to prepare and be ready for Level III in June.

Hello everyone, just wanted to update my current situation as it may be helpful for anyone else in the same boat. I reached the CFA customer care at info@cfainstitute.org. They did not yet associate the payment to my account, therefore they allowed me to cancel my invoice from the website and re-apply for the December date, so giving me back a refund (from $1.900,00 of late registration) of, $1.900,00 - [$700,00 + $450,00 (of the June exam fee)] = $750,00.

I do not know whether you’re concerned like I am about this Covid-19 situation, but to me it is gonna continue at least until August…and I really hope to prove I am wrong.