Excel Pasting

I would like to paste data in cell A2 into cell A1. But I would like the data of cell A2 to be behind data already in A1. When I try to do this it doesn’t let me paste.

Cut data in A2 and Insert Cut Cells into the column where you want it.

on a new cell C1 in the same line go type in a formula =concatenate(A1, CHAR(10), B1) This will copy values of A1 then put in a hard return and then value of B1. In order to see the hard return, you could format the cells and on the ALignment tab make sure you click the “Wrap text” option, and possibly format the cell to be top aligned. CP

Topher that didn’t have the desired affect. CPK there has to be an easier way.

You can’t do what you are trying to do. You need to use a new cell.

What in the world are you tryign to do exactly. What type of data are you working with, can you provide an example?

I think know what he’s trying to do. Highlight cell A2 and hit F2 then Ctrl+C->copy the cell contents. Then highlight cell A1 and hit F2 then End then Ctrl+P->paste contents at end of A1 Does that have the desired effect? The only other thing I could think of is to enter (for cell A1): '=Cell Contents&" "&A2

Insert a new Column before A (so the original column A will become column B and B will become C) Then enter this into the new Column A =concatenate(B1, " ",C1) Then hide Column B (original A) and now you will have Column A which will include the data from both columns.

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think know what he’s trying to do. > > Highlight cell A2 and hit F2 then Ctrl+C->copy the > cell contents. > > Then highlight cell A1 and hit F2 then End then > Ctrl+P->paste contents at end of A1 > > Does that have the desired effect? > > The only other thing I could think of is to enter > (for cell A1): '=Cell Contents&" "&A2 That would do it! Thanks.