Excel Q - Fun

If you have a item set that is filtered to 100 lines and you want to paste in 100 unfiltered lines. Is there an easy way to do this? When I attempt to do this it just pastes into the lines that are unfiltered which I don’t want.

Hit Ctrl + G -> Special -> Visible cells only

Hmm that didn’t work for me. It tells me that the cells are not the same size.

Dammit

Add a dummy column/row with an identifier (if needed) and use sort instead of filter. Then you won’t have hidden cells.

you want to copy/paste the filtered rows into unfiltered rows?

kant Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you want to copy/paste the filtered rows into > unfiltered rows? I want to copy unfiltered rows say rows 1-100 into filtered rows (that are filtered to 100 out of say 500 rows)

alphabound Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Add a dummy column/row with an identifier (if > needed) and use sort instead of filter. Then you > won’t have hidden cells. That would work but isn’t there an easier way?

If this is something you do on a regular basis, I would write a macro. If it’s just off the cuff analysis, it only takes a few seconds and it gets the job done :wink: