Excel Question- Shortcut??

Any of you guys work between multiple (~10) workbooks at once? Is there a simple and fast way to access and switch between them w/out going down to the taskbar? I recently got 2007 and thought their might be a way to include open sheets in the ribbon or something… thanks to all for any ideas!!

Control Tab or Control Shift Tab: Switch between windows (Or workbooks) # Control Pg Down or Control Pg Up: Roll between worksheets in a Workbook. source: http://www.mrexcel.com/td0077.html Is that what you are talking about?

Crtl + tab can get confusing with 10 workbooks open. You could have two versions of Excel open, and alt + tab between some of them, but this is also confusing. Otherwise, just use Alt w and the number. Whether that works in 2007 is of course anyone’s guess.

Hey I have a related question. When I have more than one workbook open, excel is available only once if you ctrl tab and I have to click on window and then select the book I want. How can I set it so each work book opens as separate programme in windows? Thanks

The only way I am able to do this is to open Excel (not a workbook) from the start menu- that will open a new Excel window, then open the workbook from that Excel’s file menu. I was hoping their was a way to have the various workbook titles show up w/in the excel ribbon a la the actual sheet tabs w/in a workbook. The ctrl tab is great though- thanks!

cfaBANANA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey I have a related question. When I have more > than one workbook open, excel is available only > once if you ctrl tab and I have to click on window > and then select the book I want. How can I set it > so each work book opens as separate programme in > windows? Thanks I don’t quite get the question, but if you go to Tools, Options, View you can check / uncheck the option to view different workbooks in the taskbar. That way you can Alt tab through them as well. However, you should be able to cycle through the workbooks with either ctr + tab or ctr + F6 i.e. just keep pressing it until the one you want comes up, or ctrl + shift + tab to cycle the other way. Alternatively just use Alt w and the number.

Sweet, thanks TheBigBean.