Excel VBA financial modelling books

Hi there I’m looking to improve my Excel modelling skills. Any recommendations on good books for financial modelling (including how to use VBA effectively with Excel)? Thanks,

“Financial Modeling: Using Excel & VBA” by Sengupta or Simply Excel VBA for Dummies.

I like to try “AnalystForum Search Function for Dummies”

“Advanced Modeling…” by Jackson and Staunton.

VBA is overrated. but i just say that b/c i have no clue how to use it.

Wall St Prep and “Financial Modeling” by Bennenga(sp)

stylemog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > VBA is overrated. but i just say that b/c i have > no clue how to use it. Yep. If you learned how to use it you might not say that…

“There really are much, much better ways to learn now. Among technical people who actually care about programming (as opposed to those who just do it for a living) BASIC is widely considered a source of brain damage. Not because it’s too low level, or because it’s not “fancy” enough, but because it really is obsolete. It teaches bad habits that will make it that much harder for little Johnny to actually understand what the machine is doing and how best to make it do what you want.” http://letters.salon.com/tech/feature/2006/09/14/basic/view/index7.html?show=ec

CCM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wall St Prep and “Financial Modeling” by > Bennenga(sp) Binnenga’s book has 5 chapters on VBA, which in my opinion, will give you a good start in learning about VBA. It only took me 2 days to go through those chapters & follow the examples there.