Experience with Wiley for Part 1

Hello all,

I wanted to get your opinion on support from Wiley. I have sent them a few questions regarding their study material and have not gotten any reply after more than a week. Does anyone have experience how long they take to respond to quantitative questions?

Thanks for your responses.

Hey fabianw

You can always reach out to me directly. How can I help?

christian.cooper.us@gmail.com

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to give a quick update regarding Wiley’s customer service.

Although Wiley has not responded to my questions, Christian was there to help instead. Thank you very much for the support, Christian.

HI Fabien,

You have my email, happy to answer any questions. Everyone has my email, anyone should feel free to reach out. Not sure what you might have emailed me that I didn’t reply to. Sounds very unlike me.

As always, happy to help.

Christian

Ok so after a month I have not gotten a reply to my question from Christian Cooper either. Wiley has not yet replied to me either. So that is how their customer service looks like. Be sure to think about it twice to use Wiley cause you are not getting any help after all. Promises have been made by Wiley and by Christian Cooper to get back to me and answer my questions but I have given up and with 2 months after contacting Wiley and one month after contacting Christian Cooper I think it’s fair to say that their service is not worth it after all.

And btw. the questions were basic questions like where does a specific formula in their notes come from or why they use a certain distribution in a test question… I don’t think this should take a month to answer…

Hey, I have the exact same issue and response from Wiley… kind of disappointing.

just wondering if you pass the FRM yet?

I used Wiley for part 2 and schweser for part 1. Passed both on my first attempt. I found Wiley good if you have less time, enjoyed the videos, helps with the more qualitative aspects of part 2. I still did four past garp exams plus the prep providers.

a formula in their notes would be from Garp learning outcome statements which are based on a varying haphazardly thrown together curriculum. I’m not sure why you want to know where a formula from their notes come from…happy to help with questions if I can.

I’m currently studying with Wiley and their customer service has been nothing short of appalling. Christian was responding to my queries initially but despite receiving a promise that he would get back to me before the exam date, it did not happen. As it transpires, I did not sit for the exam in May as my daughter arrived the day before it however I am sitting in November and have still not had my queries answered from either Christian or Wiley customer service. I chose Wiley initially due to the method of teaching Christian was advocating but would advise to steer well clear based on my overall experience so far.