expiration of results

A co-worker just made me paranoid. Do I need to take the next level within a certain period of time. I passed level 2 in 08 and failed Level 3 in 09 and skipped it in 10. Plan to take it next year. Is there an expiration date ?? for my Level 2 results ?

No.

I think there is if the change in curriculum is significant…one of my buddy had to retake his cfa l1 (he passed the first one in 06) recently.

what ???

seeki Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think there is if the change in curriculum is > significant…one of my buddy had to retake his cfa > l1 (he passed the first one in 06) recently. Seriously?

What about the charter. Can you pass all 3 exams and wait forever before applying for the charter?

As far as I know, now the results of the exams never expire.

seeki Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think there is if the change in curriculum is > significant…one of my buddy had to retake his cfa > l1 (he passed the first one in 06) recently. …he was probably lying about passing L1 in 2006 because the results never expire.

seeki Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think there is if the change in curriculum is > significant…one of my buddy had to retake his cfa > l1 (he passed the first one in 06) recently. Your buddy is full of sh*t. passing exams never expire. He lied to you about passing the first time

Results do not expire. It used to be that you had 7 years to pass all three and had to pay the initial registration fee again if you didn’t make it, but they changed that several years ago. I am living proof. I passed L1 in 1999 and did not pass L3 until 2009 (there were a few fails and several years of not sitting for an exam over those years) and never had a passing result expire.

CAIA L1 results expire after 3 years I believe. In the past, CFA had rules in place, but I don’t think they do anymore.

not for the cfa

I believe if it’s been 7 years, you still have to pay the initial registration fee to start taking the tests again, but you can start at L2 or L3 if you have already passed L1 or L2. Some candidates may decide they want to retake a previous level if they feel that the curriculum has changed substantially since then, and I can’t imagine the CFAI refusing that kind of request, but it is not officially required for them to do so.