External Crossing Network

What’s the correct answer? It’s a strange question… The trader tried to sell 80,000. I put 70,000.

i put 70000 or something, basically the overall volume that’s going to go through during the next crossing

yep 70

Gotta love all the random questions that you never thought would be on the test. I just happened to by luck run into about 90% of them the day before the test while skimming through

Hey Kev, does the fact that most people answered 70k like you give you comfort? Is the herd usually right or wrong? Hahaha! Obviously I answered 50k on that one.

wat

50 k is right - same problem in cfai ex-3 on page 57 - go figure

those are all or nothing trades, check question 6 end of chapter question

chowder Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 50 k is right - same problem in cfai ex-3 on page > 57 - go figure I’m looking at that example right now. How do you figure its 50k? Total buy orders were 80k, total sell orders were 70k. So market will execute as many trades as possible, which is 70k.

70K for the win, no discussion. :wink:

on the exam 80 k sell orders on the ecn we were given 1. 50k buy order 2. 80k sell order - entered by the agent in the question 3. some other sell order so 50k is already in the priority list which will be matched with 80k order entered by our agent the question said how many will be immediately executed. in our case it should be 50k??

there was another order. they are all crossed at the same time, provided it’s good through day

chowder Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > on the exam 80 k sell orders > > on the ecn we were given > > 1. 50k buy order > 2. 80k sell order - entered by the agent in the > question > 3. some other sell order > > so 50k is already in the priority list which will > be matched with 80k order entered by our agent > > > the question said how many will be immediately > executed. in our case it should be 50k?? Thats the way I viewed it, 50k for me.

There was another buy order for 20K.

There was another 20k buy order and another sell order. 70k buys, >80k sells. Settlement at end of the day. 70k shares get moved.

Right 60 Buy 80 Sell 20 Buy XX Sell (Don’t remember the amount). I think that the 70s have it.

70k definitely

The question asked what block will be executed first in the list of given cross orders. Come on, is it that hard to figure out?

So the herd says 70k on a controversial question. Hmmmm, I’m feeling pretty good right now. Hahahaha!

It’s not controversial, it’s a straight-up question from the end-of-chapter questions in reading 35.