Extra analyst work

Hi all, I was looking to try and get some extra work as possibly doing research analyst type work, even if its basic anything. Just some outside extra work I can do from home from here in australia or anywhere overseas for some company. Is this easy to get, do you know of any companies or places ot find such work. Thanks again all

Is this a joke?

Are you an idiot? lots of people do “extra carricular” work for research and corporate finance houses on the side.

I guess I am an idiot. I didn’t realize that you could be a seasoned professional.

part-time Equity Research Analyst? what a beautiful job lol

Several people in here have written about how they do freelance work for a few small firms, just dirty type quick analyses work. So stick that up your fat one

I’m guessing that if you have to come to a public message board and ask about work like this, you’re probably not qualified for it. “Part-time” equity research sounds like something a borderline retired professional with years of expertise would do because a firm really wanted their opinion/view on something to add credibility to their own findings (kinda like those “expert” sports commentators).

maddane Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi all, > > I was looking to try and get some extra work as > possibly doing research analyst type work, even if > its basic anything. Just some outside extra work I > can do from home from here in australia or > anywhere overseas for some company. > > Is this easy to get, do you know of any companies > or places ot find such work. > > Thanks again all LOL…I know it’s early, but I nominate this post for joke of the year

Got ya!

maddane, if i am not reading u wrongly, u would like to put to put into practise what u’ve learnt in CFA curriculum, gain some research analysis experience, and get $$ at the same time. like what some have rightly pointed out, companies would hire seasoned research analysts/experts as a value-add (aka “cloud of professional liability”) to their existing research. not sure if u fit into the profile of a seasoned research analyst? (good for u if u are). anyhow u could always gather a couple of like-minded friends/CFA folks and hold a mini equity research analysis… i’ve had friends who’ve done this and said they learnt alot. no money there but it doesn’t hurt to run the model and walk thru ur findings to learn from others. cheers.

agreed Numi. maddane, why dont you call Goldman to see if the have maybe a 20 hour part-time in IB. lol

Of course a part-time ER gig is absurd. However, I recently attended a conference which had several hedge funds many of you had heard of and one speaker talked about an “assistant” he had in India whose primary job responsibilty was to search transcripts of the CCs of the companies followed by the fund for key words (default, deliquency, capital expenditure, ect.). He then forwarded this material to the PM via email.

what a loser.

my buddy in college just got a “freelance” part time gig with a legit international hedge fund doing random projects and research. The work I am sure obviously isn’t indepth analytical work, but it makes sense in a way. if your looking for someone cheap to dig up some basic info, especially if its qualitative, why not pay a college kid? funny thing is he got the job through craigslist. no joke.