CF - 70+ (above 90% line)

Fixed Income - 70+

FRA - just under 70%

Quant - just under 70%

Equity - 50%

Ethics - 70%+ (at 90th percentile)

Economics - just under 70%

Most likely your score is 65.7%

Pass rate 45%, when the no of serious candidates were exponentially higher. Either mps too high, or candidates are better prepared, or some marginal weeding out by CFAI. No doubt, this year was highly competitive.

Does anyone think that Retab is going to be be of any help ?

I answered…thanks for your help but I feel I should have passed with that score.

If this provides any comfort, I failed at band 3 last year, didn’t invest enough time, and passed this year with limited study time (300 hours at most, and very fragmented due to full time work).

I prioritized (same as study sequence) for Quant/Fixed Income/FRA/Equity/Corporate Fin, with less emphasis on Alternatives/Derivatives/Portfolio. I cannot comment on others but this strategy worked for me. I did good on all sections I focused, and got between 50-70 for the 3 sections I spent relatively less time. For Ethics, I stuffed the reading/practice in the schedule but eventually I scored only at 50%, and at 10th percentile.

In terms of study material, I only used CFAI books and Mark Meldrum videos. I wouldn’t be able to pass the exam without the videos.

same here. Gave up pm&alt. Passed.

I answered…thanks for your help but I feel I should have passed with that score.

It looks like econ did you in. How far above the 70% lines were your +70 scores? Due to the fairly even weighting of topics, if the +70’s were hovering close to the 70% line it makes sense that doing very poorly in one section could bring the whole score down.

With the old results format I could see why a result like this could piss someone off, but with the more detail results it might give more insight on what to work on.

Have you ever seen that Jude Law movie Gattaca? Where he doesn’t hold back and just keeps swiming. That’s what you have to do to pass. There’s no shame in failing, only not trying your absolute hardest.

PM abd Quant are well over 70

FRA and Alt & Derivatives is on 70

FI and CF slightly above 70

What surprised me ost was my score on Equity. This was the section that went really well for me but for some reason I am not sure why I ended up just over 50.

I know this not about shame and I would never think on those lines. But I have started to feel that this has become a luck based exam now. Even if I prepare just as hard as I did this year there is no way I can be sure that it will be enough. My Equity and Econ score has really surprised me. Equity was my best section for me in the exam and I did not get he score there.

You were really close and no way you should give up. You’ll get there. It’s not a luck based exam though. I get you’re frustrated, but the more you are prepared, the less luck matters. You really should take a hard look at what study methods you used and what methods you could add or improve on. I’m guessing you could do more mocks since it seems like you knew the material pretty well.

I’m in the same boat. 4 sections on 70 or 70+ ,4 between 50-70 and one below 50 and even below 10 % line. My score line is touching MPS line. I f*cked up ethics big time. I took total of 8 mock exams and not on single one of them I scored below 50% on Ethics, and yet somehow I blew it up on the exam day. The funny thing is I even didn’t find it so difficult on the exam. I was soo angry when the result came. This was my first try and I studied somewhere between 400-500 hours.So when I think of it now if I was for example band 5 given all this efforts and hours spend I wouldn’t even think of trying again.But now I have to give it a second try.Will see what is going to happened next year ,but I’m almost sure that there isn’t going to be a third time. I think that after all it comes to how much you want it and how much you need it.

If i had seen your results before taking L2, i really became stressed. Your results are so good. I think you shouldn’t give up.

This sounds like a score that can give you a pass. Reading this really confused me and gave me worries. Maybe they give pass/fail differently for the levels because I passed L1 with similar scores like this , 7 were 70%+, 2 were between 70 to 50, and 1 below 50 to be exact, so I figured if I am able to score like this I’ll pass L2 . I did way better of course but this really scares me. Thank God.

Anyway this is a really good score. If you pulled this off with self study then I would recommend taking classes this year for a sure pass next time. Don’t give up. This is one of the toughest exams. I hope you pass next year.

This guy result really put my passing lv2 to shame. Here is the result I got:

>70%: Quant, Equity, FI, Ethical Standards, Corp Finance

50 - 70%: Alternative & Derivatives

<50%: Econ, Accounting, Portfolio Management

And my score (blue line) is just a bit above the MPS

wow I knew you can pass with scores like this. It’s really weird how come the OP didn’t pass. It really made me worry when I saw this here.

If I would have failed with a lower score I would have given another attempt next year. But with these scores I just don’t know how I can even convicnc myself to give another try.

I have decided not to go ahead next year. I know how much I had put in in last two years. And I even scored what I feel is good enough to clear the exam.

I can’t deal with this uncertainty again next year for the third time.