Failed | 6 topics above 70 | one below 50 | two between 50-70

Please do not stop.

You still have hope. For me I have a weird strategy I do not write exams unless I am fully prepared wether I pay or not. Like this L2 in June 2018 I did not write cos I felt unprepared. Whenever I enter the exam hall I know am passing. Failure can be demoralizing but its just an experience and its only failure when you quit.

I really appreciate all your comments. But, somewhere I know that they have made serious error in grading my score. I don’t think I have ever seen someone fail with this score having six topics above 70 and one below 50. And in fact, I have already gone through some scores of candidates this year. Some ar way less than mine and they still managed to pass.

I don’t have any reason to believe why this cannot happen with me next year again.

sorry if this had already been asked, but where are your lines for the two you scored 50-70? Are they close to 50? Middle? Closer to 70?

[quote=“wasini”]

You still have hope. For me I have a weird strategy I do not write exams unless I am fully prepared wether I pay or not. Like this L2 in June 2018 I did not write cos I felt unprepared. Whenever I enter the exam hall I know am passing. Failure can be demoralizing but its just an experience and its only failure when you quit.

[/quote

How much time did you put in and not take the exam?

By the looks of it, equity is around 55 and Ethics around 58-59.

Well people estimate the MPS is around 65% so you are literally as close as it gets. If you are 1 question short of passing, they’re not going to care how much time you put in or what your circumstances are because there are that many people that pass under their own circumstances.

Not sure why you’d give up… lol. Like 99% of people will tell you here, I say go for it again and don’t be a quitter but only you can decide that.

I Failed CFA L 1 too , below will be my scores and I am literally not lying , I measured the gaps to get the right %tile. I will right both the weights and % for each subject

70+

1. Derivatives = 80 - 10%
  2. Equity = 75-78 - 11%
  3. FI = 78-80 - 11%
  4. QT = 78-10 - 10%

50-70

1. AI = 70 - 6%
  2. CF = 68 - 10%
  3. Equity = 69-70 - 11%
  4. Ethics = 65-67 - 16%
  5. FRA = 62 - 14%

<50

PM = 40 - 6%

It took me quite a while to analyse this result , I was depressed . My overall line is literally almost touching that MPS . Putting hard work for 6 months and getting such results get really depressing especially when the paper is such expensive.

So coming to the result , I messed up in PM . But I have seen that if you score more in one , it fill the gaps which isn’t seen here . PM being one of the least weightages shouldn’t matter much but it did.
Man I am depressed , not by the way that I failed . But upon the reason of why will someone make this kind of result. SERIOUSLY just simply tell how much marks thats it. Do your %tile stuff we dont mind but atleast let us access ourselves better GOSH

CFAI is metamorphosing. It is an illusion now to a lot many people when they fail. Reality is that neither the bar is raised nor the difficulty.

You have 20 qs. ungraded each session. Any guesses which those 20 qs. could be ? The ones that beat majority of the candidates. Result ? False positives imbuing false sense of confidence and a mirage of higher MPS. You need to know the subjects and you need to know what and how CFAI expect you to think and answer. The day you figure them out will be the day you will sail through the standardised test.

As harsh as it may sound… that is the reality. Don’t bask under false performance measures