Failed for the 2nd time

I moved to a new city 2 weeks before the exam and I think that just ruined my final prep. I was sure that I would quit if I failed, but after seeing the result, the motivation came back. I’ll sit for a 3rd time next June for sure and this time I’m killing it. I’m not throwing away the achievment of passing Level 1

I knew things such much better this year and somehow did worse. I almost want to get my results retabulated for my own piece of mind. If felt prepared for most of the questions. Just bizarre…

SkipE99, My goal is not to screw people or to look for any ‘words of encouragement’ or even to pour on people my frustration. Believe me, the last thing I want to do – is to ‘squeeze’ compliments and encouragement here. My goal now is simple – I wanna show myself to the other folks who refuse to understand who they are in real life as I refused last year and I gonna say them: multiple failures, if you continue to foolish yourself, you gotta end up like me!!

Suck it up. I passed this year after failing three times.

cfajjc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > New to the forum… > > Any advice appreciated!! I scored band 7 last > year and band 8 this year. I was scoring high > 70s/low 80s on practice exams. > > I feel like i have nothing to lose, but I don’t > want to go through the time and effort. I need > some good success stories! cfajjc, You already took a big step finding this forum. The next is becoming VERY active. I may not have posted all that much, but I was lurking daily. In the very least, you get a wake-up call every couple of days when someone claims to have got an 85% on everything possible 2 months before the exam:) It will motivate you! Especially when you have no real life CFA type friends. AnalystForum was a huge part in me passing both lvl 1 and 2 first try.

srwarrington, thanks for the advice. I’ve been reading for over a year, but never really took the plunge. I got a wake up call yesterday at 9am EST, and it didn’t sound much better than my alarm clock. I’m committed to beating this beast! You on lvl 2 or 3?

I would agree that focusing on the CFAI text/end-of-chapter questions and CFAI practice exams is the way to go. Last year I did a mixture of Schweser exams/Qbank and 85% of end of chapter questions. I ended up a band 10 fail. This year I did only did CFAI materials and exams and 99% of end of chapter questions (30%-40% of them twice) and passed with decent marks. The CFA text take longer to read, but reap benefits in the end. There were so many questions and concepts on the exam that I recalled seeing in the CFA books. This year, my CFAI practice scores were just ok (70%, 70%, 68%) but I spent a LOT of time reviewing my errors and going back and restudying my weak areas until I knew them cold.

stevec, Congrats! But you are not the only candidate: just search the forum and you’ll see: when the number of your try goes up the odds of pass go down.

Its funny, but up to now I’ve never used the “hide posts from this user” feature. I guess there’s always a first time for everything…Hahaha!

whew…glad Abe Lincoln didn’t have this attitude when lost several elections…sheez

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dude. STFU and go away already. I was reading this post, and it got me to wonder if DSLHU was French: “Dude Shut Les Hell Up”.

Here you go from website: (I know not everyone is from US, but you get the idea) Abraham Lincoln Probably the greatest example of persistence is Abraham Lincoln. If you want to learn about somebody who didn’t quit, look no further. Born into poverty, Lincoln was faced with defeat throughout his life. He lost eight elections, twice failed in business and suffered a nervous breakdown. He could have quit many times - but he didn’t and because he didn’t quit, he became one of the greatest presidents in the history of our country.

Well… I’ll come next August to check what’s up. Remeber me, people. Don’t tell next year nobody told you what’s going to happen with your score. See you on the top… over the top… I shared you some statistics and some ideas that could save your efforts and the time of your life. Multiple failures, today you will curse me and the next year you’ll say I was right. I gonna come to hear it. Bookmark that discussion.

I failed for the 3rd time and am completely baffled. I was in band 10 last year but in band 4 this year. I was a lot more confident this year and did much better in the practice exams. But it seems like I’m not the only one. Unlike others I’m not really using the CFA as a way into the industry as I’m already there. It’s not a necessity but just a nice to have. I said I wouldn’t take it again if I failed but I’m now thinking of giving it another shot.

londonj, the problem is when you see the same staff for the 3d or for the 4th time… it hurts. it really hurts. it seems to you you know everything but the reality is you know much better the MAINSTREAM. you just cannot memorise the details (which are the core of the exam) any more. so your mark drops. that’s for sure. I guess some of the folks who like to drop me the FU abbriviation and positive propogand will come (next 2 years) to the Band 1.

I feel the same pain with you guys, couldn’t sleep more than few hours for last two nights. Apart from Lincoln story, there goes another greatest figure - “After left Harrow in 1893, he applied to attend the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst. It took three attempts before he passed the entrance exam; he applied for cavalry rather than infantry because the grade requirement was lower and did not require him to learn mathematics, which he disliked. He graduated eighth out of a class of 150 in December 1894” - The man is Sir Winston Churchill And lastly, though it sounds cliche and pathetic, I will live up with the words of the great coach. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” All this shite will be forever gone next year!!!

I slept very well after my first fail attempt at level 2. I am not going to retake it. I realized it is a waste of time unless your time is very cheap. and the general consensus after all of this is, CFA is useless.

FROM THE DAIRY OF A MULTIPLE LEVEL 2 LOSER 2007. Fail. Band 5. That’s OK. Many talented individuals fail the Level 2 from the first try. So what? I gonna nail it the next year… 2008. Band 10. I almost had it!!! Oh, come on, I almost had it!!! There were just one question or two I missed… Never mind, I’ll do it the next year like Bernie Madoff, for now my goal is to get maximum >70% in sections. Next year I pass for sure, the question is if I got to >70 team, post my results on AF and get a job offer the next day. 2009. Band 4… Feeling discouraged. DSLHU says that I should not re-take after the second attempt. He says multiple loser fail since they are not suit for the profession and since they are failures. What a moron!! I sent him three dozens STFU on the forum. Another guy wrote him ‘suck up’. Good stuff. I know Abe Lincoln and Chercile did not quit so I gonna tear this exam the last year. The victory would be so sweet… 2010. Band 5… See, I am improving… But go bears, we will rape the exam the next year… … 2015. Band 3. That is the second year I did not post my results on AF. 2016. Band 3. I gonna find a female Level 2 Candidate to marry her. That it since I am to invest every year 450 hours of study on weekends and on weekdays. My wife divorced me long time ago and I hope that if I were the same board wwith my girlfriend… Hm… but what will happen when she passes next year… 2020. I am 40 and donna give up. FU, DSLHU!! Band 6. … … … 2040. Hay, guy, do you know what normal backwardation is? Yes, I am asking you. Come on, get into my cab, I gonna explain you. All the drivers in our depot know I used to be Level 2 Candidate on the CFA program… for… several years… Now you know what!! I passed that exam 3 years ago!! I nailed it, I succeeded, I gave all my hart to it. Now I am Level 3 Candidate… So? Did I pass the Level 3? Come on, not so fast. It could take time. You know, Abe Lincoln…

You’re opening a dairy? Can you make some cheese to go with your whine?! (From someone else who unexpectedly failed level 2).

the diary is not mine, it’s of one who did not listen to me. chears!