Failed for the 2nd time

DSLHU Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the diary is not mine, it’s of one who did not > listen to me. > > chears! So what is your advice to them, leave CFA and go hunting in forests. I know three guys with no background in finance, all of them cleared L1 in first attempt last december and two of them cleared level 2 this june and one failed in band 10. Remember 40% of people are passing, all of them cannot be geniuses. What I can tell you is that 1 effort of 110% is better than X no of less than 100% attempts.Its like a any sports competetion one needs to be @ peak @ the right time. For example one can be >70% in derivates in one year < 50% in the next, if he has not revised the concepts just before the exam. So what my friends said was that work for 6 months but take 2 weeks off and revise all the concepts.You may take one month off if you think.Its no use if you know the thing 6 months back but you cannot recall it on the D-day. Hope it helps.

DSLHU Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the diary is not mine, it’s of one who did not > listen to me. > > chears! Chears big eers. Seriously mate, go and spout your cr@p somewhere else. We get you don’t like the program.

I have already quited the program and now quiting the forum. Folks, it’s human nature - you think it could happen with somebody else and not with you, don’t listen to me, you gonna find the next year I was right. Continue the thread without me, but I gonna search the forum on April 18 next year and see who’s passed of you. Let me give you all a big hug!

So are you actually going to p!ss off now?

soddy1979 I gonna see you writing another language than your native English. GF soddy1979 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Chears big eers. > > Seriously mate, go and spout your cr@p somewhere > else. We get you don’t like the program.

Save all the cursed words to your wife. Yes, I quit. Cheers! soddy1979 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So are you actually going to p!ss off now?

jogaut Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Its funny, but up to now I’ve never used the “hide > posts from this user” feature. I guess there’s > always a first time for everything…Hahaha! you are right. that is so much better

U ROCK STORKO …

DSLHU Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FROM THE DAIRY OF A MULTIPLE LEVEL 2 LOSER > > 2007. Fail. Band 5. That’s OK. Many talented > individuals fail the Level 2 from the first try. > So what? I gonna nail it the next year… > 2008. Band 10. I almost had it!!! Oh, come on, I > almost had it!!! There were just one question or > two I missed… Never mind, I’ll do it the next year > like Bernie Madoff, for now my goal is to get > maximum >70% in sections. Next year I pass for > sure, the question is if I got to >70 team, post > my results on AF and get a job offer the next > day. > > 2009. Band 4… Feeling discouraged. DSLHU says that > I should not re-take after the second attempt. He > says multiple loser fail since they are not suit > for the profession and since they are failures. > What a moron!! I sent him three dozens STFU on the > forum. Another guy wrote him ‘suck up’. Good > stuff. I know Abe Lincoln and Chercile did not > quit so I gonna tear this exam the last year. The > victory would be so sweet… > > 2010. Band 5… See, I am improving… But go bears, > we will rape the exam the next year… > > … > > 2015. Band 3. That is the second year I did not > post my results on AF. > > 2016. Band 3. I gonna find a female Level 2 > Candidate to marry her. That it since I am to > invest every year 450 hours of study on weekends > and on weekdays. My wife divorced me long time ago > and I hope that if I were the same board wwith my > girlfriend… Hm… but what will happen when she > passes next year… > > 2020. I am 40 and donna give up. FU, DSLHU!! Band > 6. > > … > … > … > 2040. Hay, guy, do you know what normal > backwardation is? Yes, I am asking you. Come on, > get into my cab, I gonna explain you. All the > drivers in our depot know I used to be Level 2 > Candidate on the CFA program… for… several years… > Now you know what!! I passed that exam 3 years > ago!! I nailed it, I succeeded, I gave all my hart > to it. Now I am Level 3 Candidate… So? Did I pass > the Level 3? Come on, not so fast. It could take > time. You know, Abe Lincoln… FROM THE DAIRY OF A MULTIPLE LEVEL 2 candidate. July 2008: Today I got result of CFA level I examination. It was not an easy exam but not so difficult either. Now I will appear for Level II next year in June. Next year I am planning to get married also. Lets see. August 2009. Fail. Band 5. That’s OK. Many talented individuals fail the Level 2 from the first try. So what? I gonna nail it the next year… I got married in the month of Aprail and due to this I was little busy. And then there was some problem at office also. Boss was asking to do this extra work then that extra work. Starting first week of May I had to do some extra work for a new deal also beacuse the guy who was supposed to do the work left the firm. I studied for around 200 hours for this exam Could not study ethics topic because I did not have much time and I thought I studied it last year for Level I. I am planning to put 500 hours this year so that I pass with 70 % in all topics. One of my friend also failed level II this year. She got FAIL with band 3. Dont know why did she fail. She is so intelligent. August 2010 Today I got result of CFA level II examination. Passed but 2 topics in 50% - 70% and one topic with < 50%. My friend passed with all topic > 70 %. Will appear for Level III next year. After that I will get CFA charter as I already have work exp. of three year and by next year I will have total work exp of 4 year. August 2011 Today I got result of CFA level III examination. Passed with all topics in > 70% My friend also passed with 3 topic 50% -70 % and one topic < 50%. :slight_smile: Will get charter soon. Dec 2011 My firend is now CFA charterholder I did not get charter as first year of work exp was not considered although its related kind of work. I hate this. I will never get charter . Never I will not accept even when I get it. August 2012 Finally.

Dude, I know plenty of people who have taken it 3 or 4 times and passed. That is BS. Everything in the CFAI is learnable.

Schweser - Band 9 fail, I remember whole sections that weren’t in Schweser CFA text - Band 4 fail, and I don’t feel like there was much of a connection between the end-of-chapter problems and the exam questions. So, it looks to me that I either have to memorize the CFA books or Schweser to pass. The bottom line is I won’t be returning to the CFA books next year.

I really wouldn’t give up. Your persistence will pay off and will create a great story for your future interviews. I interviewed two days ago with a small firm where both candidates failed. The interviewer made a point that it’s not about pass/fail it’s about the learning that goes into getting the designation. Just revise your strategy and go at it again. I would suggest not opening the CFAI texts and sticking entirely to schweser and their question bank. Do 1k-2k questions in that thing and you will do just fine. It is great because it gives you the option to keep the questions that were answered wrong in the pool of questions for your next quiz. By doing so many questions, you will really strengthen your weak spots. Without question bank, there really is no easy way to do this. I wish you all the best in June 2010…don’t give up.

I wouldn’t feel 2 bad. I posted a band 10 for the second yr in a row and 3rd fail. Don’t really count the first one as I just moved overseas and didn’t put in much effort. Just keep at it full force. I really slacked off this year as I had the though “its my 3rd time, its review at this point”. Which didn’t work out that well. Yes I had the main topics down cold but weak on the newer stuff. I’ll be going for a 4th go next year but not playing this time. I’ll be a L2 master by next year.

Thanks man,DSLHU. You’re the best demotivational speaker for the cfa. I love you man. You’re the kick in the butt I much needed. When I pass next year, give me your address and I’ll send you a fine bottle of champagne.

We are all going to kill it this next time! Notecards of the details baby! It doesn’t matter how long it takes to get the charter. Once you have it you have it.

Sorry folks, VERY IMPORTANT information here: I applied to one of the motivational guru in my country. He has nothing with finance, but he’s an athletics trainer. We set down and I open for him the CFAI website. He surfed a little and then told me: ‘Ah! I see. This exam is just like a city marathon. There are lots in the major city in the world but it works as follows: you come, you pay the fees, you go through express medical test and you got your number. After that you have your chance to get to the finish and nobody cares what did you do to prepare yourself for the run.’ ‘Yes’, - I said – ‘it looks like that’. ‘I see, you are talking of a lad who did not get to the finish line for his 2nd or even more tries. He come to run a marathon and falls after the 7th mile, and the next year his result is even worse, say 5 miles, right?’ ‘To the point’ ‘OK. If he really works hard all the year and fail on the competition I guess such a failure runner must see a doctor. Chances are that he cannot run since he has some physical disease, just like a guy with a broke leg cannot play soccer. But do not get me wrong, he can run that marathon next year if he just admires running. If we were talking sport, I would offer that runner to move to an easier distance. If his leg was broken he can run 2 miles with a team in the local rehabilitation center and even to win’ ‘So do you mean that such a failure does not worth another attempt in the CFA exam?’ ‘you know better but that is just like in the marathon. He’ll fail but if he likes to study in the name of studying…’

DSLHU Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sorry folks, VERY IMPORTANT information here: > > I applied to one of the motivational guru in my > country. He has nothing with finance, but he’s an > athletics trainer. We set down and I open for him > the CFAI website. He surfed a little and then told > me: ‘Ah! I see. This exam is just like a city > marathon. There are lots in the major city in the > world but it works as follows: you come, you pay > the fees, you go through express medical test and > you got your number. After that you have your > chance to get to the finish and nobody cares what > did you do to prepare yourself for the run.’ > > ‘Yes’, - I said – ‘it looks like that’. > > ‘I see, you are talking of a lad who did not get > to the finish line for his 2nd or even more > tries. He come to run a marathon and falls after > the 7th mile, and the next year his result is even > worse, say 5 miles, right?’ > > ‘To the point’ > > ‘OK. If he really works hard all the year and fail > on the competition I guess such a failure runner > must see a doctor. Chances are that he cannot run > since he has some physical disease, just like a > guy with a broke leg cannot play soccer. But do > not get me wrong, he can run that marathon next > year if he just admires running. If we were > talking sport, I would offer that runner to move > to an easier distance. If his leg was broken he > can run 2 miles with a team in the local > rehabilitation center and even to win’ > > ‘So do you mean that such a failure does not worth > another attempt in the CFA exam?’ > > ‘you know better but that is just like in the > marathon. He’ll fail but if he likes to study in > the name of studying…’ go watch gattaca n chill dude…the pressure’s on your reaction to it is totally up to you…lata im busy trying to lift mjolnir…

come on, laugh at me.

hahahahahahhaahahhaahahhahahaaahhhahahahahhahahaahahhahahahhahahahhaahhhaaahhaahahahhahahahhahahahahaahahhahahahaahahahhahahahahahahaahh