Failing Level 1 June?

As much as I want to think optimistically, I think realistically I will not be passing tomorrow. I am still showing up and going to try my best as if my life depended on it, but if I do fail, I will not be surprised. I think I should have used the CFAI material much more, and I will keep this in mind for December. Anyone in the same boat as me? It sounds like I am in the minority though since most people on AF seem to be doing awesome and I wish you all the best of luck! (although some of you don’t even seem to need it)

I’d say this, if I have to sit for december, I’d start studying right after the day I know I didn’t make through the June exam.

Me too! I’m going to be reviewing hardcore for the next 3 hours in hopes of passing. But realistically it may not be happening.

i will fail but am unsure if i will retake in december.

Yea part of me doesn’t even want to sit for December either, but I figure my odds of passing are probably better since I should retain some of the information I learned studying for the June one. Also, if we pass in Dec, er rather WHEN we pass in Dec, we can enroll for level 2 in June 09

this is my second time, and if i don’t pass, i will most likely not take it in december. i’m very stressed out because of FSA. it’s my weakest topic and was so last December. grad school i guess…how the heck am i gonna be able to pay for that…

yeah, i know what you mean but at this point i’m not sure if i really need it. halfway through i realized it’s not really relevent to what i want to do and it just became a masochist/liking to be challenged kind of thing…

cfasuicide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yeah, i know what you mean but at this point i’m > not sure if i really need it. halfway through i > realized it’s not really relevent to what i want > to do and it just became a masochist/liking to be > challenged kind of thing… You sure know how to pick expensive challenges. haha either way, good luck tomorrow! and hopefully if you decide for December I will see you on the boards.

haha yeah seriously…you too!

nobody likes a quitter!

I for one, don’t really care if I pass tomorrow. Granted, I don’t have the pressures or consequences some of you do, but I have never pushed myself harder or dedicated such time and energy at a challenge like I have for this exam. For me, thats a means in itself, even if only to prove to myself that theres nothing I cant do if I want it bad enough. If that doesn’t describe your situation at all, consider this: if you have to retake in December, you’ll know the material MUCH better than if you passed by a c**t-hair in June. Not only will it make L2 easier, but also make you a better analyst…

Good call jt222. I also tried to test my self to see how far I could go with this exam. I just graduated with my degree in finance and will be working in nyc. I am required by my job to get certified for promotions and whatnot, however I don’t believe the CFA is one of the eligible ones, I think I have to get CISA, or CIA certified, which I will probably get studying towards as well. However, I do feel this exam is pretty high up there in difficulty, and I know for sure it will help me in the long run.

if we bought Qbank for june 2008, can we still keep using it if we decide to take the exam in december? or will we have to buy another subscription?

I think it is until December 2008. Not exactly sure though

that’s what i’m hoping. but i thought there was an option to select qbank for june or december when you purchase it.

Yeah, I am on this list as well … still, will try to give it a shot tomorrow and if I don’t succeed then December here I come again with more ammo!

zizou Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if we bought Qbank for june 2008, can we still > keep using it if we decide to take the exam in > december? > > or will we have to buy another subscription? you can use the same subscription till dec

I am with you guys… I also feel that not passing (hate the word fail) will enhace my knowledge for level 2. If I do happen to pass tomorrow then I am going to have to review a lot of material in level 1 before I can even think of level 2.

Hank0414x Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > zizou Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > if we bought Qbank for june 2008, can we still > > keep using it if we decide to take the exam in > > december? > > > > or will we have to buy another subscription? > > > you can use the same subscription till dec thanks.

Alright folks, I am out to hit the hay and take a good 6 hr sleep… Goodluck to you all and lets hope we see each other on Level 2 Forum next spring. Good Night and Good Luck~!