False sense of security

I am getting disappointed with the Stalla Passmaster for L3. The coverage is, at best, 50 – 60 % for the sections I have gone thru so far… Passmaster contains 760 questions – compared to 365 chapter-end questions in the CFAI textbooks (each question in CFAI has many subsections). The questions are poor quality. Looks like, the authors picked topics they are familiar with, not what is needed for the exam. For example, Of the 760 questions, they have 172 questions in ethics, approx. 20+% - big waste, considering that the topic is repeated from L1 and L2. The alternative investment section is filled with questions on real estate, very few on topics such as managed futures. Derivative is a joke. CFAI textbook chapter end questions focus on new stuff like the bull/bear spreads, etc. Passmaster has mostly copy pasted the L1 stuff like protective puts. Overall, if you are only following Stalla, beware, it is going to give you a false sense of security.

760 questions ?? that cant be right… Schweser has over 2378 questions of which I’m sure atleast 1200 are quality questions … Ethihcs has about 120 Q’s

Total agree! I use Schweser Q-Banks. The questions are also seems to be too easy, not very in-depth.

If you are using Schweser Q-bank select advanced questions - there are plenty of them - I think they are representative of the actual exam!

I went through the PassMaster Qs for Private Wealth Management and all the questions (they have only 5) are either from the Stalla study guides or CFAI text problems. wtf???

Just use CFAI readings.

Stalla has 760 questions in passmaster for L3, excluding Ethics that would be ~620 questions and almost 40 questions per SS. Now I have also noticed that a few of the questions from each SS are from CFAI problems. So Stalla maybe came up with 35 questions per SS on their own, come on they can do better than that! Well I’m happy I’m doing both STalla and CFAI problems.

Just a word of advice for you all…I passed level 3 last year and used a combination of Stalla and CFA textbooks. The Stalla questions are really basic and just hammer the core concepts. I would really focus on the questions in the CFA texts. They are the best representation of the actual exam. Good luck to you all.