Fantasy Football for dummies

Yo Fellas!!

My office team created a league and I signed up for that. We’ll be preparing draft soon and I have zero experience.

I want to be prepared before I go for the draft. Could someone please recommend some website or some cheatsheet. What should be a good strategy to win the game?

I believe we have some FF gurus on this forum. Help me out guys!!

What type of format is it (how many for each position do you need? how is the draft structured? are the points different than standard like a PPR?)

I was going to respond. Then I realised the AF draft was tonight and I don’t want to reveal my strategies.

Randomized draft order selected via yahoo. we have two teams of 8.

Our draft is next week. So I can wait :slight_smile:

Draft all Chiefs.

Two teams each? How many players at each position? Bench players? How many total teams? Standard points versus PPR matters a lot too. Important things to know for us to advise you!

Two teams each? How many players at each position? Bench players? How many total teams? Standard points versus PPR matters a lot too. Important things to know for us to advise you!

They haven’t sent the invite yet. I’ll keep you guys posted.

fantasypros.com

I’ve spent the last two years printing positional and overall rankings off the computer an hour before leaving for the draft… I won both years. Don’t fight the pros, it’s literally all those guys do. Just take the highest ranked players available on your turn until your roster’s full.

Aside from the draft (which is important), don’t forget to update your team on a weekly basis and look at the waiver wire.

Quite a few decent RBs coming out of no where will be available on waivers early in the year.

I find drafting RBs early in this era (unless it’s a top 5 back) a waste.

^ Sneaky late round RB picks are as good as gold.

footballguys.com

Whatever you do, DO NOT draft a defense or a kicker before the last two rounds. Don’t be that guy.

Also don’t blow your whole draft budget on 3 WRs and a QB.

I disagree. A top DEF is worth more than a WR4 or 5 in most cases

Whatever you do, don’t follow zerobonus’s recommendations.

Too soon bro… :frowning:

Let’s not even talk about your draft last night. Only team worse than mine is probably yours lol. Letting Stafford go for $13. Are you kidding me???

Wildcard move… don’t draft a kicker at all. #YOLO

How did the draft go last night?