favorite enery drinks

Not sure if this has been discussed recently, but does anyone here drink energy drinks for an added study aid kick? I’m not suggesting you get all ‘coked up’ like peter griffin on the price is right, but I’ve found substituting a drink in lieu of coffee has been helpful most of the time…I like rockstar the best, but we can’t get the regular-sized cans in Canada, so I’ve opted for the smaller 250ml red rain cran oranges. And a 4 pack is only $5.

I sometimes drink Red Bull.

As a coincidence, I decided to have energy drinks before longer study sessions since today. My all-time favorite (since college) is Monster Energy. I find 5-hour energy to be useful too. I am aware of the ‘dangers’ and ‘side-effects’ of these drinks; but whatever - they get the job done.

anothercfainnyc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As a coincidence, I decided to have energy drinks > before longer study sessions since today. My > all-time favorite (since college) is Monster > Energy. I find 5-hour energy to be useful too. > > I am aware of the ‘dangers’ and ‘side-effects’ of > these drinks; but whatever - they get the job > done. I haven’t found any of the crash affects I get from drinking coffee (usually 3 cups a day on average), but that may happen if I develop the same tolerance toward energy drinks. I guess the only negative would be that time I mistakenly bought a full throttle instead of gatorade from a vending machine before ball hockey, and was so wired I was cross-checking anyone that got close to our net :stuck_out_tongue: And before iteracom notes the spelling mistake in the title, it’s too late for me to correct it now.

Cocaine followed with Mountain Dew as a chaser. Does that count?

I’ve used 5-hour energy when I teach long classes, and I don’t know if it helps, but it doesn’t hurt. Somehow I prefer 5-hour energy to Red Bull because red bull was marketed first as a post-drinking drink, and that didn’t match how I used it.

Energy drinks just tire me out, eating healthy and excersizing is probably the best way to maintain high levels of energy and focus. Other than drinking espresso I take supplements like rhodiola and l-theannine to get the focus and energy I want with out the come down.

PhillyBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Cocaine followed with Mountain Dew as a chaser. > Does that count? If it’s one-a-day you’re probably alright…haven’t tried those 5-hour energy drinks, how would you rate the taste? I liked Rockstar because of it’s medicinal taste…

bodhisattva Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Energy drinks just tire me out, eating healthy > and excersizing is probably the best way to > maintain high levels of energy and focus. > > > Other than drinking espresso I take supplements > like rhodiola and l-theannine to get the focus and > energy I want with out the come down. I exercise everyday (closer to 5 days a week on average with the studying) and take multivamins as well, you I definitely agree that diet is very important. I don’t think you’d want to be drinking energy drinks in addition to espressos. :slight_smile:

spreads Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bodhisattva Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Energy drinks just tire me out, eating healthy > > and excersizing is probably the best way to > > maintain high levels of energy and focus. > > > > > > Other than drinking espresso I take supplements > > like rhodiola and l-theannine to get the focus > and > > energy I want with out the come down. > > I exercise everyday (closer to 5 days a week on > average with the studying) and take multivamins as > well, you I definitely agree that diet is very > important. I don’t think you’d want to be > drinking energy drinks in addition to espressos. > :slight_smile: Heh, I’ve done much worse then that in the past. The crash is brutual

Adderall and water.

souls

I use the Jack LaLannes Power Juicer. I throw any and all vegetables in there making the craziest tasting drinks. Make a huge glass of random vegetable juice and that will keep u focused for hours.

starvinmarvin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I use the Jack LaLannes Power Juicer. > I throw any and all vegetables in there making the > craziest tasting drinks. > Make a huge glass of random vegetable juice and > that will keep u focused for hours. This sounds too healthy. I don’t buy it.

I took two of those extra strength 5 hour energy drinks once (maybe 8 hour?). I had no prior 5 hour nrg drink experience. It was odd, I felt a heightened sense from breathing, walking etc.

Bawls, tasted like Sprite yet had all the caffeine you’d ever want. Haven’t seen it around lately though, hope it didn’t get discontinued.

MCalamari Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bawls, tasted like Sprite yet had all the caffeine > you’d ever want. Haven’t seen it around lately > though, hope it didn’t get discontinued. Never heard of it, maybe a good thing if it got discontinued…? I wonder sometimes about the scrutiny of tests these drinks endure.

I bang 7 gram rocks…

Roflnadal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > starvinmarvin Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I use the Jack LaLannes Power Juicer. > > I throw any and all vegetables in there making > the > > craziest tasting drinks. > > Make a huge glass of random vegetable juice and > > that will keep u focused for hours. > > > This sounds too healthy. I don’t buy it. Well it also increases libido. Send ur girlfriend over and I’ll prove it.

Anyone tried this one? http://www.lightningdrink.com/