Favorite Money Managers

Anyone here have favorite money managers that they follow? My personal favorites right now are Jeremy Grantham and John Hussman.

I like John Hussman a lot too. I don’t follow his fund so much, but I like his commentaries and his general approach to investing seems very sensible to me.

His fund has saved my @ss thus year!

wellington PMs, they killing it

Bruce Berkowitz w/ the Fairholme fund. He’s destroyed the S&P for the last 10 years.

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bruce Berkowitz w/ the Fairholme fund. He’s > destroyed the S&P for the last 10 years. +1 because he bought the company I work for and said nice things :wink:

I’ve always been a big fan of Bill Miller but he hasn’t exactly banged it out of the park the past couple of years.

Bill Miller is now in the bottom 1% on the 1, 3, 5 year periods. Ugh!

Ken Heebner.

David Einhorn James Chanos

Yeah, something went way wrong with Bill Miller. He’s not a fund manager, but I really like Michael Mauboussin’s strategy commentaries at Legg Mason. They seem to have changed their site around and I can’t find them as easily as I used to.

is there a site where there are list of returns for hedge funds?. I understand most do not disclose this information to the public but just curious

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bruce Berkowitz w/ the Fairholme fund. He’s > destroyed the S&P for the last 10 years. I thought only Madoff could kill the market returns for 10 years ? with his special secret investment strategy…

I’ve been a fan of Heebner and Hussman.

and how many would have said madoff … before he got busted ?..

Thierry Magon de La Villehuchet, its just terrible that he would do this at christmas time. friggin madoff. this is just the beginning of the madoff fallout

me like Dick Mayo and John Burbank too. DeVaulx and his since departed prodigy continue to be gods. Faber puts out a good newsletter.

Faber’s newsletter is great but for me his investment advice is not always practical.

Steely Dan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > David Einhorn > James Chanos Second on Chanos.