Favorite Music While Studying

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue Dont even listen to jazz normally but the absenece of lyrics is great for studying

I always put in Charles Mingus, either Blues & Roots or Mingus Ah Um, when I needed to squeeze that one more hour of studying late at night.

1. Morning - Depends but mostly Amrin Van Buuren “State of Trance” episodes. 2. Evening - Celtic stuff like Clannad and Celtic Twilight albums. 3. Difficult topics - Dark Tranquillity “Fiction” or “Character” albums.

None. Can’t study to music.

kellyima Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Any particular solo pianist or works that you > recommend? > > And that pandora is awesome. I am a jazz musician on the side, so this thread is right up my alley. to answer your question on solo piano records: Keith Jarrett - La Scala Keith Jarrett - the Kuhn Concerts Joey Calderazzo - Haiku Pat Metheny - One Quiet Night (solo guitar) other good study stuff: John Coltrane - Ballads Ben Webster - The Warm Moods Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain Stan Getz - People Time Branford Marsalis Quartet - Eternal Brad Mehldau Trio - Largo or Day Is Done Metheny/Mehldau Duo record Charile Parker - Complete Bird with Strings if you don’t mind vocals: Billie Holiday - Lady Sings the Blues or Lady in Satin Ella Fitzgerald - Sings the Duke Ellington Songbook Frank Sinatra - Sings For Only the Lonely