favorite person in history?

In my case it would probably be Napoleon.

Boring is good. Consistent, boring, repetitive practice of achievable and measurable goals is the most important way to achieve greatness. But its ok if you don’t want to achieve greatness. Most people don’t. Most people want to be mediocre. Its easier that way, and attaining greatness and going outside your comfort zone is hard and unpleasant.

There are 3 people I admire. Augustus Caesar, napoleon Buonaparte, and Alexander the Great. I’m really into military crap, I was very close to joining the military as an officer when I was younger but I secured scholarships which actually paid me to go to school. If i had money problems though this would have been the perfect job for me.

Are you me?

why yes yes I am

We are all mediocre, otherwise we wouldn’t be posting about greatness on an anonymous internet forum.

These quotes, while from a great man, are mostly platitudes that any puritain protestant could have written.

We (AF) are all mediocre? or We (Earth’s population) are all mediocre? It really all depends on what you define as mediocre. I would probably guess that most people on AF are above the median income for their home country. That isn’t mediocre is it?

I think he’s right, that no-one here really qualifies as one of the great people of history.

i dont think anyone is saying we are great. but we should all strive to be great. plus i think people who are successful typically admire some great person in history and have tried to live their life imitating that person.

Not yet. Someday.