FDIC insured accounts

Are these things safe anymore? I am getting nervous about my take-your-job-and-shove-it fund I keep in a savings account.

We have runs on 60B money market funds and T-Bills selling at a premium. Not risk-free if you’re paying a premium. FDIC accounts have always been viewed as the third safest investment behind these two. But hey, if all else fails just print more money and hand it out like candy. I’d say they are still very safe but I would have to assume banks are hoarding all of their available cash to prevent some runs. Many banks are going to fail in the coming weeks and will have to be bailed out using FDIC funds. I wouldn’t have more than 100k in my bank. Is it fair to say that some defensive equity positions may be the safest thing out there now besides straight hard cash under the mattress?

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are these things safe anymore? I am getting > nervous about my take-your-job-and-shove-it fund I > keep in a savings account. As long as the US govt is around, yes.

Move your assets abroad!